Always a Wasp

Author Topic: England game - TV?  (Read 7549 times)

Old Geezer

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
England game - TV?
« on: November 12, 2020, 02:51:43 PM »
I have BT Sports and SKY Sports but don't see the game on there.  I see the game is streamed on Amazon prime which I do not have.  Any ideas how to see the game other than AP please?

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: England game - TV?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 03:10:53 PM »
Unfortunately not. But you can obtain AP on free 30 day trial (someone on other site said they couldn’t get it ,but still shows available when I looked).

If the match gets boring at least you can do your Xmas shopping 🙂

bournender2

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2020, 03:52:57 PM »
I have avoided Prime as have a policy to always try and buy elsewhere if at all possible (except Kindle Books).

About a couple of hours ago, just googled trial period. It came up and logged in and accepted the free period. It also says it can be cancelled at any time - probably hard work though even when paying - so believe no fixed length contract??

Went to TV (3 yo Samsung Smart TV). The app didn't immediately work, but "Resetting" it by use of power switch and I now have it up and running ready for Saturday.

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2020, 04:07:43 PM »
I have avoided Prime as have a policy to always try and buy elsewhere if at all possible (except Kindle Books).

About a couple of hours ago, just googled trial period. It came up and logged in and accepted the free period. It also says it can be cancelled at any time - probably hard work though even when paying - so believe no fixed length contract??

Went to TV (3 yo Samsung Smart TV). The app didn't immediately work, but "Resetting" it by use of power switch and I now have it up and running ready for Saturday.

Amazon Prime is easy enough to cancel, I've had no issue cancelling it in the past. I personally found their coverage of the Premier League quite good - and they left their games available to view on demand as well - good for those who can't watch it live.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2020, 04:22:40 PM »
You can sign up for a free 30 day trial here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/video/offers/ref=nav_swm_dvm_uk_pv_un_t_006?ie=UTF8, and then cancel straight after. You can keep watching for the remainder of your trial period, as well as watching any of the series or films they have on there.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2020, 04:25:31 PM »
Contact your local club first BEFORE signing up to a free trial.

There's a deal between the RFU and Amazon. Local clubs can sign up to amazon and earn £3 for every single person that signs up to even just the 30 day free trial through their link (even if they cancel after the 30 days).

So help your local club out by contacting them and seeing if they've arranged this.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2020, 05:17:43 PM »
I must admit I won't be signing up for a trial.
I will make do with C4 for the Ireland games and S4C for the Wales games, plus highlights.
I just don't want to encourage Amazon (or anyone else) at all. Still annoyed by Sky losing England rights but retaining the Lions. For those that do sign up - enjoy the match.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2020, 05:20:00 PM »
I must admit I won't be signing up for a trial.
I will make do with C4 for the Ireland games and S4C for the Wales games, plus highlights.
I just don't want to encourage Amazon (or anyone else) at all. Still annoyed by Sky losing England rights but retaining the Lions. For those that do sign up - enjoy the match.

Why don't you want to encourage companies to bid on rugby?

MarleyWasp

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2020, 06:36:42 PM »
If all Rugby became available via Amazon, at £8 a month it'll be the cheapest subscription around.

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2020, 07:29:38 PM »
Amazon Prime has a vast selection of Films and TV Series to choose as well. We get it via our BT subscription and its peanuts compared to a Sky subscription.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2020, 07:34:56 PM »
Amazon Prime has a vast selection of Films and TV Series to choose as well. We get it via our BT subscription and its peanuts compared to a Sky subscription.

For those getting it for the rugby, but fancy checking some other options out. The Expanse is an excellent sci-fi show. The Boys is a gruesome anti-hero superhero comedy type thing. Vikings is also excellent (later seasons struggle a little). So if you've got it for 30 days, might as well check a few out.

Oh, and Good Omens (adapted from the Terry Pratchett book) is absolutely brilliant.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2020, 08:01:47 PM »
 The truth seekers (Nick Frost) was a good laugh.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2020, 08:02:28 PM »
The truth seekers (Nick Frost) was a good laugh.

Yeah, completely not what I was expecting though! Started more or less how I was expecting but changed rapidly. Still enjoyed it.

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2020, 08:28:33 PM »
I'd give the new Borat film a swerve though.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2020, 09:23:15 PM »
Serge Betsen has just announced he's part of the TV team for Amazon.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here