Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Semi Final Predictions  (Read 2616 times)

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Semi Final Predictions
« on: May 07, 2017, 11:15:21 AM »
So now we know who's playing who and where what are your predictions for the next round?

Personally I'd be surprised if we didn't beat Tigers at home.  I think it will be closer than against Sarries, but I suspect we'll win it with a difference of about 5 points.

The other game I'm less sure about.  I think it all depends on next week.  McCall stated he was protecting a few players who had picked up a knock and wanted to make sure he didn't find himself with them for the ECC final.  Which makes me wonder if one or two of their top players will be absent for Chiefs too.  If so I think Chiefs might squeak through.  If Sarries are full strength I think they'll either be on a high, or looking to make a statement after losing.

On balance I think Sarries may well scrape a win.

Leaving us against Sarries in the Final.  Smart money will of course be on them, but we'll go with the belief that we can beat them, and they will have had to survive the attrition of a cup final and a knock out game against their closest rivals in direct forward based rugby.

So I'm actually beginning to think we might just win this...
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Semi Final Predictions
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 11:18:50 AM »
If Sarries win the final against Clermont, they beat Chiefs.  If they lose, Chiefs beat them I reckon.

I think we can beat Tigers, but I can see it being a really nasty game, Tigers have a lot of people that are happy to get into a scrape.  We need to keep AJ cool.

Harry the wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 10:07:00 AM »
I think that Exeter will beat Sarries but it should be a really close game. I can't see Leicester beating us. I've booked a hotel just in case! :P
Only supporting teams beginning with a W.

waspymatt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 12:35:23 PM »
I think both matches are very tough to call.  I would like to think we will beat Tigers, Exeter at Sandy Park will be a tough ask of Sarries but if they are at full strength and on form, I don't see anyone beating them.