Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Saracens match  (Read 4866 times)

Doctorkmt

• Wasps Rugby Fan, part time troll
    • View Profile
Saracens match
« on: May 06, 2017, 06:16:17 PM »
Enjoyed that.
Great physicality from wasps.
Some excellent attacking play. home semi. Very impressive.
Le roux had a great game. Launch outplayed kruis imo. Young immense. Hughes was up for it.

@doctorkmt

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Saracens match
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 06:21:22 PM »
Whoop, whoop, whoop, whoop, whoop.

Young young, young young, he's the man

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 07:47:45 PM »
Completely failed to see any of it at all as was stuck on daddy taxi duty with no signal.

However I'm very much enjoying reading about it, especially Youngyoung who clearly should have been dropped with his 16 tackles and 3 tries...
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Harry the wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 09:38:12 PM »
Oh my life what a day! Just got back home after being sucked into the village pub when I got home. We took a young lad to his first game and he is hooked. What an atmosphere. Absolutely bl**dy marvellous.
Only supporting teams beginning with a W.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2017, 10:02:19 PM »
I got home from the match about 2 and a half hours ago.

Wanted to let the nerves and elation settle.

What a game!! THAT was entertainment. What a crowd. So MUCH noise. The queues were massive with folk trying to get through the turnstiles. Huge queues. Hence the delayed start.

Yes, there were mistakes and errors, but, overall, you had to be impressed. Haskell ran himself dead on his feet. Young ... who said to drop him? Who said Wade can't tackle. He took down one seriously big Sarrie at one point. Line speed? Sorted. When Sarries tried to get the ball wide down the full line, they were closed out in the centre. They ended up kicking a lot.

Beale? Tired? He took so many balls kicked at us, and ran straight through them over and over again. Gopperth? Not a centre? Really? He wore out his oppo, flattening him and anyoe else that came near over and over.

Nathan losing it, lost the edge? Not today. He was everywhere. Bashing forwards with the ball in one hand as of old.

Lineout was great and working, scrum was solid.

We could have scored so many more tries, but 5 will do for me.

And so, get some tickets, the weather will be much warmer, the crowd will be bigger still, we're going on a Tiger hunt.

And to Barnes .... he was fair and balanced. And we played him properly. Sarries started to linger after the tackle. At one point I saw Haskell do exactly what is needed. Stay a split second too long and the Sarries' tackler got pinned by Haskell and they got pinged. James did it many times - at one point I swear he had the Sarries guy pinned with his knee in his back.

Physical it was. Hard, bashing tackles, no holds barred.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2017, 05:26:37 AM »
Linespeed was OK at times, but we still gave up a lot of easy yards.  I'd say the structure was still no better, but the determination from the players was improved.  It works better, but I still believe there must be something better out there for us.  Need to rewatch.

waspymatt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2017, 12:39:36 PM »
It was a good performance and result by the lads, and I know we can only beat the side that is in front of us, but Sarries were a long way from being at full strength.  I hope that the win will give the team a huge amount of confidence for the semi final.

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2017, 12:52:06 PM »
How many turnovers did YY get? I saw three live so there may have been more. And they were at crucial times.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2017, 01:09:26 PM »
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!