Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Covid Coventry  (Read 1874 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Covid Coventry
« on: December 04, 2020, 01:31:16 PM »
Currently Tier 3 but how likely is it that a reduction to Tier 2 will happen on December 16th. If so the home match v Montpellier is possible.
Let me tell you something cucumber

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Covid Coventry
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2020, 01:55:27 PM »
I think the next review is mid December possibly 14th ,so very unlikely

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2020, 02:00:39 PM »
I think the next review is mid December possibly 14th ,so very unlikely

As I said it is issued on Dec 16th giving Wasps two days to organise. I suspect S Vaughan will have a good idea how the wind is blowing and possible arrangements might be in place. Can but hope they might do lottery and set it up depending on a decision.

Dec 16th is the date Government are saying they will release their assessment carried out in the previous few days. Montpellier match is on 18th.
Let me tell you something cucumber

MarleyWasp

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2020, 03:05:30 PM »
Latest rates across the borough. From left to right, it reads: name of local authority; rate of new cases in the seven days to November 28; number (in brackets) of new cases recorded in the seven days to November 28; rate of new cases in the seven days to November 21; number (in brackets) of new cases recorded in the seven days to November 21.

Nuneaton and Bedworth, 206.3, (268), 324.1, (421)
North Warwickshire, 190.0, (124), 295.7, (193)
Coventry, 173.9, (646), 200.0, (743)
Solihull, 159.4, (345), 251.9, (545)
Rugby, 148.7, (162), 214.8, (234)
Warwick, 105.7, (152), 182.3, (262)
Stratford-on-Avon, 66.9, (87), 100.7, (131)

So by the looks of it, rates are falling.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2020, 03:48:25 PM »
I think it has always been the capacity issues in the hospitals in the Coventry (et al) area, so admission rates, bed occupancy, those on ventilators are the key figures. If those drop to relieve the pressure, then we may see a relaxation. Warwickshire is poorly served with hospitals of the 'right' sort, where the NHS has for years closed down county hospitals in favour of referrals out of county (to Coventry and the West Midlands, and south into Oxford). Hence South Warwickshire being punished for those decisions, even though rates are low.

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2020, 10:03:42 PM »
Local numbers for the area, all classed as Warwickshire, was the lowest in tier 3 when announced.

The rates now are below the highest rated tier 2 area at the time, Cheshire.

Unless it starts to rise again I would expect us to move into tier 2 on the 16th.

bigad82

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2020, 10:14:08 AM »
Mass testing is starting in North Warwickshire this week.
Hopefully it will start to really drive down the rate.

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2020, 11:20:43 AM »
Coventrys infection rate is reducing significantly but because we are grouped with Birmingham, Dudley etc. I can’t see us moving back to tier 2 on 16th December.

Hope to be proved wrong though.

King Prawn Phuna

• Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2020, 01:54:11 PM »
Coventrys infection rate is reducing significantly but because we are grouped with Birmingham, Dudley etc. I can’t see us moving back to tier 2 on 16th December.

No were aren't any longer.  There is a split of West Midlands (Birmingham Black Country Solihull etc) and Coventry and Warwickshire is UCH capacity and the rates in Nuneaton Bedworth that tipped the equation.  Rates are shooting down, but beds are still at a premium so it could be a close call.

This is the best map for finding out what is going on locally....https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/interactive-map
The older I get the faster I was....

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2020, 07:46:51 AM »

No were aren't any longer.  There is a split of West Midlands (Birmingham Black Country Solihull etc) and Coventry and Warwickshire is UCH capacity and the rates in Nuneaton Bedworth that tipped the equation.  Rates are shooting down, but beds are still at a premium so it could be a close call.

This is the best map for finding out what is going on locally....https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/interactive-map

Unfortunately we, Coventry and Warwickshire, are grouped with Solihull, it was them who tipped us over into tier 3, since then Solihull have sorted themselves out, North Warwickshire and Nuneaton & Bedworth are the issue now.

For those on Facebook the Nuneaton & Bedworth MP Craig Tracey is worth a look he puts up some good info