Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Injury Updates from BB - Jacob out  (Read 2675 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Let me tell you something cucumber

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Injury Updates from BB - Jacob out
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2020, 03:03:54 PM »
Also suggests 2 locks are out.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2020, 03:08:04 PM »
And Morris. Another back row down.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2020, 03:10:41 PM »
The good news is that he does not have a broken cheekbone. Who plays 10 at RP? Interesting conundrum for Lee and his team!

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2020, 03:35:03 PM »
For me, with Minozzi back it has to be Lima at 10. I hesitate to say it after Saturday but between him and Atkinson it should be him. Gopperth I would rest altogether. Locks looks like Rowlands and Launchbury will have to play. Back row will have to be Willis, Young and Barbeary.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2020, 03:47:30 PM »
Glad to learn that Jacob hasn't got a broken cheekbone - it looked quite alarming.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2020, 04:09:24 PM »
Glad to learn that Jacob hasn't got a broken cheekbone - it looked quite alarming.

+1

Horusthewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2020, 04:22:31 PM »
"We lost the two second rows in the first minute of the game which didn't help," said Gleeson. "I don't think those boys will be able to make it this week. Potentially one of them, and there's another one as well as that. We're counting our wounded at the minute but that's just the nature of the sport."

Makes sense given Gaskell didn’t return against Falcons, but I am surprised Douglas is a doubt given that he passed the first HIA and returned to play the rest of the game.

Good news regarding Umaga.

Was hoping we might get an update on Vailanu, Watson, Simonds & Mills given their expected imminent return later this month. Also no news on the extent of Curran’s injury.

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2020, 04:33:42 PM »
At least the team who train together will be the team that play together. I can understand doing it, but do wonder how disruptive late changes are to preparation have been.

Agree that Jimmy looks like he needs a break.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2020, 04:49:47 PM »
If we were to give gopperth time off and umaga out, who have we got left? JdJ ? MLB to start and on bench?

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2020, 05:37:20 PM »
You've still got MLB, JdJ and Odogwu for centres. Probably better than a half fit Jimmy.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2020, 05:51:27 PM »
You've still got MLB, JdJ and Odogwu for centres. Probably better than a half fit Jimmy.
Was trying to work out who we have left to put on bench .might have to use a couple of SH’s or someone from the academy. Think Barb will be needed in pack,otherwise...

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2020, 05:59:42 PM »
I'd go MLB 12 and Odogwu 13 with De Jongh on bench.

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2020, 06:28:04 PM »
For me, with Minozzi back it has to be Lima at 10. I hesitate to say it after Saturday but between him and Atkinson it should be him.
Half of me agrees with you and half doesn't....stick with me on this one
I've watched Lima for best part of 2 seasons and can count on one hand positive contributions...that aside I will assume he'll be off at the end of this year/season (i'm no longer sure which is what anymore), with that in mind we'll need a #2. Yes Mill's, Miller, Gops can do a job but we'll need a real number 2 in place.
How do we get that?  - give this kid some exposure somewhere or have to dip into the market for another Searle? I know what i'd prefer. We are not ready for a HC challenge, i'd take a hit on experience if need be.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2020, 06:34:21 PM »
For me, with Minozzi back it has to be Lima at 10. I hesitate to say it after Saturday but between him and Atkinson it should be him.
Half of me agrees with you and half doesn't....stick with me on this one
I've watched Lima for best part of 2 seasons and can count on one hand positive contributions...that aside I will assume he'll be off at the end of this year/season (i'm no longer sure which is what anymore), with that in mind we'll need a #2. Yes Mill's, Miller, Gops can do a job but we'll need a real number 2 in place.
How do we get that?  - give this kid some exposure somewhere or have to dip into the market for another Searle? I know what i'd prefer. We are not ready for a HC challenge, i'd take a hit on experience if need be.

Agreed. Atkinson is the better choice. after a crazy season, we have to expect things will not go as we want. What we need is home grown talent, and not to lose it. Piers O'Conner anybody? Will Stewart? How many more? Just because Lima is an All Black. Just because he cost a LOT of money, he has no right to any shirt in the 23. Using past performance is not an ideal way to go, but he has consistently underperformed.