Always a Wasp

Author Topic: injury updates: Malakai Fekitoa, Ryan Mills, Will Rowlands, Michael Le Bourgeois  (Read 3182 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Thanks. Slowly getting there. Shame for Booj just as he was starting to get plaudits and hope Will passes ok.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Yes, feel for MLB, was just getting into his stride. The two week break should see Fekitoa and Mills back. Plus I would have thought Rowlands and Kibirige would be back as well. Lots to choose from!

Nigel Med

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
So potentially we have Kibrige and Fekitoa back for the next round of Premiership fixtures or soon after. Who get's a starting shirt??? Presumably Juan De Jongh drops back to the bench but you'd be daft to drop man of the match, two try scoring Paolo!!!

Heathen

• View Profile
So potentially we have Kibrige and Fekitoa back for the next round of Premiership fixtures or soon after. Who get's a starting shirt??? Presumably Juan De Jongh drops back to the bench but you'd be daft to drop man of the match, two try scoring Paolo!!!

Agree. If Alfie and Paolo were both fit, we would potentially have two wrecking balls on the pitch. mayhem. We just thrive in that environment!

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
For me Fekitoa goes to 13 and Odogwu to the wing. We'll also have Minozzi back who would be my bench option as he covers wing and FB. Tough on Watson and Kibirige who are both well worthy of a start.

Covkid40

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
The report also states that Mills could be back about the same time as Fekitoa. nice choices to have but it means quite a few good players are not even going to get a place in the 23 match day squad. I think Mills will replace Jimmy long term and a lot will depend on if Fekitoa signs a new deal, if not I can see Paolo being in the 13 shirt next season. if in 3 weeks you have Kibrige, Fekitoa, Bassett and Paolo all fit and firing who misses out? strange as it may seem Paolo's versatility could cost him a starting position.

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
The report also states that Mills could be back about the same time as Fekitoa. nice choices to have but it means quite a few good players are not even going to get a place in the 23 match day squad. I think Mills will replace Jimmy long term and a lot will depend on if Fekitoa signs a new deal, if not I can see Paolo being in the 13 shirt next season. if in 3 weeks you have Kibrige, Fekitoa, Bassett and Paolo all fit and firing who misses out? strange as it may seem Paolo's versatility could cost him a starting position.

Proper rotation and tactical choices whilst fit.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
I might be inclined to try something radical, like:

Robson
Umaga
Fekitoa
Odogwu

Bassett
Kibirige
Minozzi

And on the bench

Porter
de Jongh
Sopoaga

Can you imagine how a team might want to line up its defense against that lot? If they try to double team Umaga with backs, and he shifts it to Fekitoa, you are going to want two or 3 backs on him, but if he commits them and shifts it to Odogwu, then how many more will you need there? Which would leave Bassett and Kibirige to do what they do best and motor down the outside.

It would force a team into a fast flat defence full of backs and back rowers, meaning there will be the space directly behind them for Umaga to dink over and in to. If the full back covers this, then a deep kick would go over him.

And would you want to kick for defense or attack knowing you could be giving it to any of these backs of ours?

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile

Robson
Umaga
Fekitoa
Odogwu

Bassett
Kibirige
Minozzi

And on the bench

Porter
de Jongh
Sopoaga

Can you imagine how a team might want to line up its defense against that lot? If they try to double team Umaga with backs, and he shifts it to Fekitoa, you are going to want two or 3 backs on him, but if he commits them and shifts it to Odogwu, then how many more will you need there? Which would leave Bassett and Kibirige to do what they do best and motor down the outside.

It would force a team into a fast flat defence full of backs and back rowers, meaning there will be the space directly behind them for Umaga to dink over and in to. If the full back covers this, then a deep kick would go over him.

And would you want to kick for defense or attack knowing you could be giving it to any of these backs of ours?

Does Fekitoa work as a 12? It's an interesting thought, I've not thought of him playing there.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
I am pretty sure his highlights reels prior to him coming to us had him in 12 as well as 13. But with him and Odogwu at 12 and 13, they could mix it up and confuse the heck out of the oppos.

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile

Robson
Umaga
Fekitoa
Odogwu

Bassett
Kibirige
Minozzi

And on the bench

Porter
de Jongh
Sopoaga

That would be quite tasty

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile

Robson
Umaga
Fekitoa
Odogwu

Bassett
Kibirige
Minozzi

And on the bench

Porter
de Jongh
Sopoaga

Looks good. Might possibly go with gopperth on bench rather than de Jongh.

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
I am pretty sure his highlights reels prior to him coming to us had him in 12 as well as 13. But with him and Odogwu at 12 and 13, they could mix it up and confuse the heck out of the oppos.

That's not a bad shout. I like that idea.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
If Fekitoa at 12 and odogwu at 13 you would need either Lima or Jimmy at 15 as an additional distributor otherwise Jacob would end up under massive pressure, he may get it away once or twice when targeted but not every time and then when he is not in position you have limited other options.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 12:42:49 PM by Chunky24 »