Always a Wasp

Author Topic: England Vs Scotland  (Read 8280 times)

13thWarrior

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
England Vs Scotland
« on: February 06, 2021, 06:39:14 PM »
Not sure we want to talk about 2 abject performances on here. But England were woeful. Scotland had the vast majority of possession as we kept hoofing it aimlessly to them. Lawrence made 1 carry then gets hoicked off, and Robson clearly has been told to keep box kicking it so that is what he does.

Scotland fully deserve that win, and I hope it gives the England coaching set up reason to think if they really are on the right track.

France Scotland (rematch from last year too) is going to be one hell of a game.

bournender2

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: England Vs Scotland
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2021, 06:43:20 PM »
Farrell’s kicking was woeful all game. Just gave the ball to them every time

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2021, 06:45:35 PM »
Boring boring England yet again. Lawrence doesn’t get a touch, two of the best wingers in the world used as kick chasers, just boring again. Eddie still wants to play without the ball and the players will kick away even if there are options in front of them because that’s what they’re told to do.
Farrell should have been hauled off at half time, looked so rusty as Billy did as well.
Eddie is losing the fans and I was cheering on Scotland really from the start

wycombewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2021, 06:48:09 PM »
yes! now get rid of that to$$er who's dragging England down, is he employed by the Australian rfu to make sure England don't progress

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2021, 06:49:38 PM »
Well, had a a cheeky £10 on Scotland when I saw the odds were 5 to 1. I knew it was a long shot, but way nearer than one game in six. That's taken some of the sting out of the results today!

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2021, 06:50:23 PM »
Watching Farrell's post match interview, clueless and no acknowledgement on how well Scotland played, and how the Scots dominated the game. Interesting point that Lawrence didn't touch the ball until 60 minutes in, the Manu lite experiment failed. I feel massively aggrieved that we are missing some of our best players, the majority who had to sit there, not participate and be treated to that sh** show from England. A bad day all around.
It was fine when I left it.....

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2021, 06:51:28 PM »
This is not a reaction to one test, this is a reflection of many months of a coach who consciously walked us into this debacle. Scotland fully deserve their victory, but Jones stubbornness of picking his favourites despite their lack of game time and his ever limited game plan has delivered us the result we deserved.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2021, 06:55:02 PM »
Ford's a much better tactical kicker than Farrell but wasn't given enough time. All I can think of is they were worried about him defensively and it was far too late when he came on.

Did England break the gain line in the whole match? I don't remember one.

I find it hard to believe that Billy is the best No 8 in the country, he wasn't bad but there was no spark from him.

Far too many times they just took the ball passively contact, recycled it (if hey didn't lose it) then kicked. The Scottish defence didn't have to do anything except number up.

Anyway, we should not take anything away from Scotland, it was a magnificent display except for their inability to convert all that possession and territory in to points. That lack of ability will come back to haunt them.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2021, 06:55:14 PM »
Congratulations Scotland!  Well played  and well deserved.  There - never thought I'd say that.  Excellent.

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2021, 07:00:51 PM »
England philosophy for a whole now: Kick away possession and pressure the opposition as they believe they’ll reclaim the ball further up the pitch than from where they kicked it.

Eddie after the game talking to Bayfield: “Maaaate, 75% possession [to Scotland] and 10 penalties [given away by England] in the first half tells the story”

As Jim and Goodey say, Eddie are you ok?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 07:04:31 PM by InBetweenWasp »

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2021, 07:03:57 PM »
Could make it difficult for Eddie to give Jack, Paulo and Tom game time now, particularly next week when it was most likely against Italy, unless he goes against his character and past history.

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2021, 07:07:43 PM »
Could make it difficult for Eddie to give Jack, Paulo and Tom game time now, particularly next week when it was most likely against Italy, unless he goes against his character and past history.
They won't get a game, EJ doesn't do a rethink, he has had humility removal surgery. He will carry on with his formula...
It was fine when I left it.....

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2021, 07:08:05 PM »
I find it hard to believe that Billy is the best No 8 in the country, he wasn't bad but there was no spark from him.

I'm not even convinced he's the best 8 in the Championship.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2021, 07:11:25 PM »
Interesting conversation between the Redpaths. Son now done something his Dad never did.
Let me tell you something cucumber

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2021, 07:25:39 PM »
Boring boring England yet again. Lawrence doesn’t get a touch, two of the best wingers in the world used as kick chasers, just boring again. Eddie still wants to play without the ball and the players will kick away even if there are options in front of them because that’s what they’re told to do.
Farrell should have been hauled off at half time, looked so rusty as Billy did as well.
Eddie is losing the fans and I was cheering on Scotland really from the start

Need to find that applaud button.
This! A million times over.
Eddie won't change course, he assumes he is right and everyone else is wrong. Some of those players- the cheats who stayed with the cheats- simply have had no rugby. This should have been just as well, because the game plan is to play no rugby, but no England team has been so packed full of talent and yet had so little ambition.

Ultimately Eddie is not the "arse but a winner" he is seen as by some. Two world cup finals as a losing head coach, a six n win pc lower than Lancaster's, record worst 6n ever for England, Australia being reduced to rubble under his leadership, the blots are there for all to see. He has high points to counterbalance, of course, some very good moments, especially in the first two years of any job he has been in, but recently he crowed about winning the autumn cup vs France third XV, and about the 6n, thanks to France imploding, when the warning signs have been there for all to see.