Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Tommy Taylor  (Read 4351 times)

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Tommy Taylor
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2021, 10:59:22 AM »
Good point!

bournender2

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2021, 11:09:05 AM »
Best thing about Tommy is that he plays with a smile on his face, enjoying himself. On Saturday he seemed to be doing it at the scrum set up - but with head down might have been a grimace  :) ;D

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2021, 12:02:25 PM »
As expected, he’s off

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2021, 12:14:20 PM »
Will3 etc .... going back to  page 1 of this posting I really really hope you mean 're-sign' and not 'resign'???  Got me quite worried for a while. 

will311293

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2021, 12:24:31 PM »
Will3 etc .... going back to  page 1 of this posting I really really hope you mean 're-sign' and not 'resign'???  Got me quite worried for a while.

Hahaha RE-SIGN.. i mean re-sign haha. Josh and Cruse, if listening.... please re-sign

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2021, 12:39:41 PM »
Phew!!  Thank you!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2021, 12:44:15 PM »
It would be interesting to know how many matches he missed by being injured. He has had quite a while where Cruise has been our No 1 plus Oghre got his chance last year due to him being missing.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2021, 12:44:44 PM »
Confirms why Lee is looking for another flanker as mentioned in TRP thread as Oghre and Barbeary only going to be emergency cover there next season.
Not sure I agree, how often does a #3 hooker get to play, not often enough to keep them happy.
I think we'll see one of the boys in the back row often enough.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2021, 12:50:36 PM »
Confirms why Lee is looking for another flanker as mentioned in TRP thread as Oghre and Barbeary only going to be emergency cover there next season.
Not sure I agree, how often does a #3 hooker get to play, not often enough to keep them happy.
I think we'll see one of the boys in the back row often enough.

Or in the centre!
Let me tell you something cucumber

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2021, 12:57:58 PM »

Don't disagree at all, but equally how often are all three hookers fit?
I think an additional back row would be a sensible idea. How many time this year has Barbeary, Oghre or Gaskell had to play in the back row?

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2021, 01:07:53 PM »
By my calculations with Willis injured we have definite back rowers in Shields, Young, T Willis, Curran, Morris and Vailanu. We have occasional ones in Oghre, Barbeary and Gaskell. The last three might be called on to play elsewhere. I think with Willis out we might need short term cover this year. With him back we're probably ok.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2021, 01:08:38 PM »

Don't disagree at all, but equally how often are all three hookers fit?
I think an additional back row would be a sensible idea. How many time this year has Barbeary, Oghre or Gaskell had to play in the back row?

Plus 1 of 3 at anytime  potentially banned, rested or in Alfie's case possibly away with England, in fact we might need another back row and another hooker!

Also if Alfie being developed as a hooker next year switching between positions isn't going to help him with that.

Covkid40

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2021, 01:27:54 PM »
Hopefully Curran will get some game time, he looked good in the short time he got at Saracens last season. losing WR, KB, ZZ, LS and TT would I imagine free up quite a wedge of cash and if some of it has to be used to keep the club stable then I can live with that. with the salary cap being lowered and what seems an excellent youth setup i think we will be in a much better place than most clubs going forward.

Nigel Med

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2021, 11:15:10 AM »
Shame, I really like TT, good player and he's definitely got a good few seasons left in him.

Am I the only one who's a little concerned about our resources at Hooker for next season? You would hope that we'd move heaven and earth to keep Cruse and we know that Oghre has plenty of promise but not have seen Alfie play a single minute at hooker in the Prem, how can we be confident he'll perform well in that position? Yes he's amazing around the park but can he scrummage and hook in the No2 position? How's his throwing in at the line out? It's not a given that he'll be at the same standard in that position that he's shown in the back row.

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2021, 12:41:24 PM »
I guess thats what separates coaches and supporters