Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Tommy Taylor  (Read 4349 times)

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Tommy Taylor
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2021, 12:58:06 PM »
Eckersley will be the next one off the taxi rank too, another hotly tipped youngster - he’ll be used a lot I imagine as the A league starts up again next season and probably a good enough bet for 4th choice

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2021, 01:09:56 PM »
I'm fairly relaxed about us at hooker. We've got to get Oghre and Barbeary some game time there at some point and it wouldn't happen with Taylor in situ. If we can't retain Cruse that changes things but I think we will and in turn will then be fine.

Beasties

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2021, 01:21:26 PM »
I've been a big TT fan since he first broke through with Sale. He's international quality but has suffered the Wasps curse of getting injured at the exact moment he got called into the Eng squad. Lots of injuries since but he's bounced back every time.

I'll be sad to see him go but it's the right decision being pragmatic. We have some talent that needs room to grow. You go with my very best wishes and thanks Tommy.

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2021, 01:46:07 PM »

I'm nervous about hooker too... Albeit primarily from a lineout perspective.

All the reports I've read about Alfie at age grade caveated that his excellent performances also included some shaky lineouts.

We've seen a couple of iffy ones from Gaby too.
I'm hoping that the pressure of final and that last minute lineout will improve him.

However, if they aren't easy fixes, then lineout becomes a problematic platform

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2021, 03:18:39 PM »
included some shaky lineouts

Back to the days of Big Trevor !   ;D

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2021, 05:34:09 PM »

I'm nervous about hooker too... Albeit primarily from a lineout perspective.

All the reports I've read about Alfie at age grade caveated that his excellent performances also included some shaky lineouts.

We've seen a couple of iffy ones from Gaby too.
I'm hoping that the pressure of final and that last minute lineout will improve him.

However, if they aren't easy fixes, then lineout becomes a problematic platform
If he has any England ambition at 2, he'll be working on that aspect of his game. Luckily, this is something that can be taught and learnt rather than an attribute. Though Lidsay and Leota do go against that notion...so who knows.