Author Topic: CCFC  (Read 13395 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Re: CCFC
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2021, 11:39:30 AM »
'Seminal moment' - Stephen Vaughan on Coventry City's huge Ricoh motivator

Bobby Bridge reports:

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/rugby/coventry-city-wasps-ricoh-arena-20063112

Keeping fingers crossed they stay up.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2021, 01:31:03 PM »
I would expect catering revenue to be significantly less at a CC match than a Wasps game so possibly not such a major issue, offering CCFC a percentage of concession sales does however paint the picture of a more harmonious and generous partnership.

At a focus group once at Loftus Road, I learnt that beer sales at one Wasps' game surpassed the entire QPR beer sales in a season!

When we first went to Cov I think the B&F spend quoted was for a rugby crowd to be around 2 and half times that of a football crowd. Accounts recently published showed spend £6.60 per head for us

Garuda

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2021, 01:44:11 PM »
  • In terms of ‘fixture priority’, the EFL require that all members have “primacy of fixtures“. Apparently this was the same the last time CCFC were playing in the Ricoh which probably means more Wasps fixtures will be on Friday evenings and Sundays.

If true, I hope our fixtures are drawn on opposite weekends. Having our fixtures moved will affect my ability to attend matches. I could probably do some Sundays, though it wouldn't be ideal, but Friday nights are a complete non-starter.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2021, 01:57:25 PM »
  • In terms of ‘fixture priority’, the EFL require that all members have “primacy of fixtures“. Apparently this was the same the last time CCFC were playing in the Ricoh which probably means more Wasps fixtures will be on Friday evenings and Sundays.

If true, I hope our fixtures are drawn on opposite weekends. Having our fixtures moved will affect my ability to attend matches. I could probably do some Sundays, though it wouldn't be ideal, but Friday nights are a complete non-starter.

Thought it was a bit rich ,considering EFL must have allowed it to dropped for Coventry and Birmingham to share . When Wasps first went to Cov  we played majority of games on a Sunday to allow CCFC Saturdays if they were the same weekend. It was also theory that most amateur rugby is played on a Saturday so would allow for a bigger crowd .

Garuda

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2021, 02:03:07 PM »
Thought it was a bit rich ,considering EFL must have allowed it to dropped for Coventry and Birmingham to share .

I believe EFL primacy insistence is only when a football club shares with a non-football team; not going to be an issue when it's two football clubs sharing. And its easy for EFL to ensure two sharing football teams have their fixtures drawn opposite to each other.

Mellie

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2021, 02:04:30 PM »
It was also theory that most amateur rugby is played on a Saturday so would allow for a bigger crowd .

When we played at Adams Park every other weekend for me would be school rugby match Saturday morning, my own adult team match in the afternoon, kids club rugby Sunday morning and Wasps game in the afternoon, which the kids came to. That was ideal. Especially when we all won.

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2021, 02:25:40 PM »
From my own perspective, Sundays were always my preference largely because of still wanting to play on a Saturday. Although I do appreciate that there are fans who live further away from Coventry who have the journey to make.

Wiltshire Wasp

• Loving Coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 11, 2021, 02:32:39 PM »
Ooh, we haven’t had a what’s the best day to watch/play rugger on for some time.
“In a world full of Kardashians be an Audrey”.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 11, 2021, 02:59:47 PM »
Always liked watching rugby on a Sunday at AP. Would be happy if that continued at the Ricoh.

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 11, 2021, 03:03:19 PM »
I may be mis-remembering but didn't Wasps conduct a survey & conclude the favoured day for the fans was Saturday?

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 11, 2021, 03:21:47 PM »
I may be mis-remembering but didn't Wasps conduct a survey & conclude the favoured day for the fans was Saturday?
Think Dai wanted to change to have matches more on a Saturday too.

I seem to remember a survey as well .Was always more convenient for Sunday’s for me. Bit hard to judge ,depending on how seasons but now had a a couple of years of both at Cov .which has been more beneficial in terms of attendance or £s for Wasps

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 11, 2021, 03:30:34 PM »

Yes

I for one will not be impressed if we start having odd times and days just because the football club has priority.
Let me tell you something cucumber

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 11, 2021, 03:45:09 PM »
Plus 1 Neils.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #88 on: March 11, 2021, 04:10:42 PM »
I think every survey the club did came back with a near 50/50 split between Saturdays and Sunday. Personally I prefer Saturdays as I have a 170 mile round trip and the M1 is always better on a Saturday night.

Covkid40

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2021, 04:16:33 PM »
last time CCFC played at the Ricoh I'm sure it was them that moved fixtures (4 matches as I remember it) as their fans were all crying about how unfair it was that they had to rearrange four fixtures and Wasps didn't move any