Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Match thread  (Read 11915 times)

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Match thread
« Reply #105 on: March 06, 2021, 05:04:36 PM »
It really is the hope that kills you. Between this and England my enthusiasm towards rugby is at an all time low. Granted I've only been a fan for 6 years....

SilverShire

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 06, 2021, 05:05:21 PM »
If we had had that loss after then rubbish string of performances we have displayed under Dai's reign, the majority of people on this board would have been calling for Dai's head. Questions need to be asked about Lee and his team of coaches. We were headless for many parts of this match.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 06, 2021, 05:05:40 PM »
Deliberate knock-on? is that the prize for the worst call of the season

Amazingly poor decision by Carley. Unbelievably bad.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

COYW15

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 06, 2021, 05:05:55 PM »
We'd be better off (points wise) having a Covid outbreak each week

Laterontoday

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 06, 2021, 05:07:38 PM »
Poor once again. To me Blackett was the wrong call for DOR, we needed experience.. Team rode the wave of change in the later part of last season which made the coaching team look good.

Well done to Rob Miller, Sterling performance given he hasn’t played much this season.

We can’t even beat the bottom team when we had a man extra for 3/4 of the game.

Eezamarlowman

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 06, 2021, 05:11:50 PM »
I think Lee has earned a bit of time to turn things around, but he must address this free fall quickly. Not gonna be easy with the run of games coming up but he has to start improving the performance or questions will be rightly asked. Feels like they need to go a good old fashioned bonding p’#&@ up but no chance of that in today’s world. Back to basics on the training ground I think

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 06, 2021, 05:12:34 PM »
We didn't make it easy for ourselves - but showed we could play in the second half.

I am going to say this about the ref - red aside - I'll leave that to the lawyers.... - that was a game of more random or plain wrong calls I've seen for a while and probably affected the result. Some you get some you don't but blimey.

8-20, "off feet" nope, both penalties at scrum, Bassett "high tackle", Le B "deliberately into touch? the breakdown was again a mess and if you are going to ping a couple of early offside, then keep going?

It's probably best not to give a 17 point lead as such decisions will cost....but it did feel like a random reffing effort..too many across the season and too many refs.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 06, 2021, 05:13:05 PM »
Poor once again. To me Blackett was the wrong call for DOR, we needed experience.. Team rode the wave of change in the later part of last season which made the coaching team look good.

Well done to Rob Miller, Sterling performance given he hasn’t played much this season.

Not something you would say as we got to the final though is it.
Let me tell you something cucumber

bournender2

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 06, 2021, 05:17:13 PM »
Carley was talked up during the week, but 3 awful decisions.
Fek’s card. Last guy in was Ludlow who had run much further than fek’s and then put a shoulder into Tom W’s back. Not looked at.
Booj’s deliberate hitting into touch?
The scrum near their line, where Tom was about to pick up but if was rotated so fast that it had to be a deliberate wheel - and not by the team in possession....

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 06, 2021, 05:23:17 PM »
Carley was talked up during the week, but 3 awful decisions.
Fek’s card. Last guy in was Ludlow who had run much further than fek’s and then put a shoulder into Tom W’s back. Not looked at.
Booj’s deliberate hitting into touch?
The scrum near their line, where Tom was about to pick up but if was rotated so fast that it had to be a deliberate wheel - and not by the team in possession....

I've never thought much of Carley. Often looks clueless to me.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Laterontoday

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 06, 2021, 05:37:15 PM »

Not something you would say as we got to the final though is it.

Yet I do say it and less than five months after the final we sitting in ninth place having not won at home for the last four games.

We gave away penalty after penalty and not for the first game. Ok we are missing some key players but those being picked are still top players and should be performing better.

Covkid40

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 06, 2021, 05:48:58 PM »
As a squad we are just not good enough

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 06, 2021, 05:53:38 PM »
Negatives: Penalties, line out, scrum, box kicking, concession of early points, decision making at all stages.
Positives: Rob Miller
We're clearly all at sea. Glaws having a man sent off was the only thing that made a game of it. The likes of Tom Willis, Shields, West and Rowlands look totally exhausted.

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 06, 2021, 05:55:38 PM »
Some inexplicable decisions from Carley but we should have won that today.

Positives = Porter’s passing was much sharper and he had a good game; Jacob was good in parts, poor in others; Millar played very well; very strong performance by Brad; Gaby added some fizz and was our MOM. When we move the ball around we are dangerous.

Negatives = more brain farts by Fekitoa; the pace of our game dropped when Velacott came on; the penalty count is embarrassing; I’m not sure Booj has the pace to play at this standard; 1 or 2 of our replacements are not finishers.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 06, 2021, 06:00:44 PM »
Positives = Porter’s passing was much sharper and he had a good game

Agreed, I thought it was the best he's passed for a while, although his box kicks are still a liability.