Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Lee's 'struggle' with officials missing Mateo Carreras eye-contact inciden  (Read 7096 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Rifleman Harris

• Wasps Rugby Fan and MND Runner
    • View Profile
What's the betting that the ban is 3 weeks? Reckless, good record (I haven't checked, but anything short of serial killing on the field seems to be a good record) and then 50% for feeding next door's cat whilst they were away? That would be a travesty, especially if the French player gets longer. 

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Got to be intentional surely? After play has stopped , and looks to see where to stick his digits.

At least the french one was in play and grabbing round top of head , so could argue reckless

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Lee has been kind there.  The officials didn't miss it, they simply chose to ignore it. 

Missing it implies Josh hadn't told them.  He did, several times and they didn't bother doing anything about it.  2 mins later, the commentators are discussing how it had been pencilled in as one for the Citing Commissioner to look at.

Nothing was missed per se.

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
I have to say that I was shocked at how badly managed that particular incident was handled. With the focus on player welfare & the endless stopping of games to check on head contact, how could this not have been reviewed?

This referee seemed to have an issue with using his TMO & Assistants. Later in the game when the blatant throw away of the ball after it had gone into touch was brought to his attention, he ignored it. I hope at his review meeting with the RFU he gets plenty of pointers to work on!

refereeing at this level is about working as a team. there's four guys (or gals) involved so the ref doesn't need to take the whole responsibility & then look daft afterwards. I would very much like to see the women refs currently involved (Sara Cox, Joy Neville & a third who's name I can't remember) actually referee some prem games. From the womens games I've seen them ref they are very good.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
I think Josh and the rest of the team should be praised for not trying to take the law in to their own hands. Anger could quite easily lead to something stupid happening and us being down to 14.

That’s one of the reasons officials need to punish foul play when it happens 

Heathen

• View Profile
(Sara Cox, Joy Neville & a third who's name I can't remember) actually referee some prem games. From the womens games I've seen them ref they are very good.

Claire Daniels

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Thanks Heathen, she's the one.

I think Josh and the rest of the team should be praised for not trying to take the law in to their own hands

the commentator mentioned that Carreras must have a bit of target on his back. Although I think at this level players are too professional to do such things. If he'd done that at grass roots level he'd of been begging to come off by half time to escape the revenge.

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
I dunno, there was one point in the second half where Oghre was trying to rip Carrera's head off like it was a bottle top.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
I dunno, there was one point in the second half where Oghre was trying to rip Carrera's head off like it was a bottle top.

Wife commented on that. WE felt it was a shame he gave up.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Has the verdict on this been published yet? I notice both Aki and Willemse's verdicts have been released.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Has the verdict on this been published yet? I notice both Aki and Willemse's verdicts have been released.

Meeting tonight

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Meeting tonight

Where are the findings published?
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Heathen

• View Profile

Meeting tonight

Today.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile

Meeting tonight

RFU website. Plus I saw on twatter yesterday a new outline format they started using - it was liked and commented on by Ben Kay
Let me tell you something cucumber