Always a Wasp

Author Topic: TRP  (Read 6358 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
TRP
« on: April 18, 2021, 07:56:30 AM »
Wasps after- Billy Searle. But he is under contract until 2023.
Only other thing I can see is Lee agreeing that the Captain's Chsllenge should be a new addition.  No guesses why.

Sadly the match report is as bad as you might imagine.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: TRP
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2021, 08:15:23 AM »
We're after a 10 from one of the few teams doing worse than us who already failed to make any impact when he played for us?

I hope thats not true.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2021, 08:17:05 AM »
Wasps after- Billy Searle. But he is under contract until 2023.

Why?????????

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2021, 08:21:31 AM »
We're after a 10 from one of the few teams doing worse than us who already failed to make any impact when he played for us?

I hope thats not true.

+1

Probably the most underwhelming rumour.

Urgh

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2021, 08:22:13 AM »

I hope thats not true.

Can't disagree with that.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2021, 08:22:32 AM »
Thanks for posting Neils - always look forward to the TRP rumours. Searle is an odd one. I can see the logic for us targeting an "old head" at 10 as Umaga and Atkinson need time to develop. But Searle doesn't really fit the bill as that for me. It may come down to affordability of course as these things inevitably do. I think made stranger by the proximity of him leaving - although that was under the previous regime.

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2021, 08:41:59 AM »
Seriously though, with the amount of players leaving I'm incredibly underwhelmed by the transfer rumours.

Exacerbated by our form, I'm just staggered we haven't made one or two big signings. Hougaard was good, but we definitely need more.

But if we're going to promote from the academy we need to bloody use them.

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2021, 09:17:57 AM »
Hopefully nothing in this, he is a professional, but with the greatest of respect, he is not developing into a 10 that can steer teams to silverware. Umaga and even Atkinson in his early stages already have far more to their game and also far greater potential. A signing not even worth considering.

Old Geezer

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2021, 10:14:15 AM »
I am afraid that i now think our most urgent need is to get our coaching set up sorted out followed closely by addressing the lack of power that we have.  After a good start Blackett has used up his equity.  I think we have the players but there is something wrong with the coaching and game plan. Yes, we have suffered from the lack of Willis and Barbeary but we try to compensate for the lack of power on the gainline by trying to play frenetically and that is never going to work.  The first priority is getting go forward from which to use our backs.

On field leadership and a rusty Robson are problems too.

All this IMHO.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2021, 10:44:07 AM »

I hope thats not true.

Yet we’re happy for hougard to come here from Worcs?

According to report Wasps Fans were furious that Searle was allowed to leave for Warriors. Don’t remember that.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2021, 11:01:20 AM »

I hope thats not true.

According to report Wasps Fans were furious that Searle was allowed to leave for Warriors. Don’t remember that.

I don't remember Hougaard being decidedly average at best when he played for us a season or two ago...
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

COYW15

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2021, 11:02:24 AM »

I hope thats not true.

One is an almost 50 cap Springbok international. The other, as VV says, has already played for us and failed to make an impact. This may explain the differing reactions to each.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2021, 11:49:34 AM »
I remember most Wasps being quite relieved when Billy left; the remainder said "Who?".  Most of Worcester were happy to part with him as well.

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2021, 11:52:32 AM »

But if we're going to promote from the academy we need to bloody use them.

I know that no one is happy with the way we're playing, but we're currently using West, Oghre, Barbeary, Willis X2, Umaga, Atkinson and 2 scrum halves all of whom were in our academy fairly recently.

While we're obviously not having them all on the pitch at the same time, that's still quite a few academy players making the starting XV

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2021, 11:55:03 AM »

When Lee took over, he rode the wave.
Performances were already starting to show signs of improvement, but under Lee they really took off

He's now facing his first dip, and this is where coaches and management teams earn their corn.

I don't expect the issues to be resolved immediately, but he needs to show that he some plans