Always a Wasp

Author Topic: new signing - on the wing  (Read 3440 times)

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
Re: new signing - on the wing
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2021, 01:09:38 PM »
Looks more lke a fulback, who also plays on the wing, rather than a wing who alos plays as fullback.

As said above, the defences he encounters in the Premiership will be a LOT better than some of those he faced in the video, but looks as slippery as an eel.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2021, 01:15:06 PM »
Welcome Luke.  Very very impressed.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2021, 01:25:01 PM »
Assuming all currently on board remain, to fill the back three positions we have;
Bassett, Odogwu, Watson, Kibirige, Minozzi, Miller, Crossdale, Sirker, Mehson, Anderson and Bacon. Looking at the rest apart from Bassett, Mehson could be the tallest which is something that has been lacking in our back 3 a few times this year. Another one in the mix!

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2021, 01:57:03 PM »
Has a look of a younger Anthony Watson about him - a real step and pace to spare. I like the wing/FB combination in a player as it provides a more solid wing offer, but with the vision that comes from playing from 15.

Very much the fit we thought we had if Mills was fit - a second 5/8th at 12 and a runner at 15. Good signing, but perhaps highlights how much better we look with a second 5/8th at 12 - eg Jimmy last season.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2021, 02:45:24 PM »
Looks more lke a fulback, who also plays on the wing, rather than a wing who alos plays as fullback.

As said above, the defences he encounters in the Premiership will be a LOT better than some of those he faced in the video, but looks as slippery as an eel.
Agree about the defences, but it looks like he has a very deceptive turn of pace, which is just as good as a good sidestep. The turn of pace reminded me of a player we had who came through the ranks, but is no longer with us and is playing his trade in the lower league. 

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2021, 03:11:46 PM »

Agree about the defences, but it looks like he has a very deceptive turn of pace, which is just as good as a good sidestep. The turn of pace reminded me of a player we had who came through the ranks, but is no longer with us and is playing his trade in the lower league.

Does he still have his briefcase?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2021, 03:29:03 PM »

Surely more suitcase like to hold all the hidden deeds to his coffee shops.
Let me tell you something cucumber

COYW15

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2021, 05:14:08 PM »

Surely more suitcase like to hold all the hidden deeds to his coffee shops.

;D ;D ;D

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2021, 05:26:26 PM »
Probably got a pillowcase stuffed with  fifties.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2021, 05:57:40 PM »
He's got a deceptive change of pace and a long stride. Certainly hard to tackle.

Welcome Luke.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2021, 06:23:03 PM »
So this signing has me wondering who he's replacing.

Is it De Jongh leaving, Odogwu seen more as a centre than winger, so we get another winger/Fullback to compensate?

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2021, 06:44:28 PM »

You may think that, I couldn't possibly comment ;)

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2021, 08:51:38 PM »

Is it De Jongh leaving, Odogwu seen more as a centre than winger, so we get another winger/Fullback to compensate?

I notice that Rob Miller is out of contract this year. No announcement on his future? Same with Callum Sirker.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2021, 10:39:45 PM »

I believe that I saw something recentlty, that JdJ is goint back to SA at the end of this season.

COYW15

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2021, 11:16:19 PM »
I'm struggling to see Sirker being given an extension if he can't even get a game for Coventry at the moment (unless anyone else has any further insight as to why that may be)