Always a Wasp

Author Topic: TRP  (Read 3067 times)

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: TRP
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2021, 01:43:50 PM »
Spink I think was reported as injured in the last lineup release.

will311293

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2021, 09:09:05 AM »
Lot of fans from other clubs thinking we might put 2+2 together and get Ibitoye in from Montpellier as cover for Odogwu.

Makes a lot of sense EPQ and like Odogwu could use a second chance per say as he's fallen off the bandwagon a bit.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2021, 09:18:56 AM »
Even commentators confused thought Atkinson was Gopperth, maybe he should be at 12.

Got me confused too ,when they said that last night as I was watching re-run

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2021, 09:52:52 AM »
Ibitoye would be a rather nice shoo-in,  remembering him from a couple of years ago.   Day-dreaming?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2021, 10:05:44 AM »
Ibitoye would be a rather nice shoo-in,  remembering him from a couple of years ago.   Day-dreaming?

He went to Agen but moved to Montpellier mid season but no idea his current status.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2021, 10:34:24 AM »
Ibitoye would be an excellent signing. Yes please.

will311293

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2021, 11:22:08 AM »
So contract has not been extended by Montpellier. Free agent as well so could be a quick win.

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2021, 12:23:25 PM »
Ibitoye is interesting, we were after him while Dai was in charge. He's a talented young player no doubt. Simultaneously, is this signing because we don't trust Sirker defensively yet?

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2021, 12:30:45 PM »
Ibitoye reminds me of a young May. Always said if he could mature in the same way, he'd be a fantastic player, but he needs to stop being a one man band, and become more of a team player. Haven't seen him play since he moved to France though, perhaps he has.

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2021, 04:06:45 PM »
Playing at Agen this season wouldn’t have been fun and a new environment in amongst covid times probably wasn’t much fun either.
Ibitoye offers a lot going forwards on a hard track in an open game but not a lot else (yet) Quins fans will testify to poor defence and game reading

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2021, 10:34:26 AM »
Quins having a clear-out, not many that catch the eye, however, would we be keen on Nathan Earle, if we are after a winger, then if he says fit he would probably fit the bill, unless the lure of the Euro is too great...Elia Elia and Tapuai also leaving.

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/nathan-earle-among-the-11-players-confirmed-to-leave-by-harlequins/
It was fine when I left it.....

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2021, 02:43:41 PM »
Quins having a clear-out, not many that catch the eye, however, would we be keen on Nathan Earle, if we are after a winger, then if he says fit he would probably fit the bill, unless the lure of the Euro is too great...Elia Elia and Tapuai also leaving.

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/nathan-earle-among-the-11-players-confirmed-to-leave-by-harlequins/

Isn’t Earle going to France?
Few players leaving there that they’re not getting their money’s worth from - probably would have kept Brown but think there was a fair amount of politics behind the scenes going on with that one

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2021, 08:43:22 PM »
I wouldn't be overly interested in Ibitoye or Earle. I'm happy with Bassett, Watson, Kibirige, Odogwu, Mehson and Crossdale as a crop of wingers. We've also got academy products coming through and Minozzi can play there as well - spend the cash elsewhere.