Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Sinckler called up by British and Irish Lions to replace Andrew Porter  (Read 2279 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Crying in camera works then.
Let me tell you something cucumber

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Sure it won’t be long before we see Manu back in there too

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
If Manu gets selected there's something amiss. You surely can't select someone who just won't play.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile

Well, that, and being one of the best tightheads in the northern hemisphere. Shocked that Porter was selected ahead of him in the first place.

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
If Manu gets selected there's something amiss. You surely can't select someone who just won't play.

If he’s fit and available for selection, why wouldn’t you select him?

Are you saying he won’t play if he travels because he won’t be selected, or he’ll break before he gets a chance to play?

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile

At a time where fans seek to see more honestly and less media bullsh*t from players and coaching staff this is an odd, petty comment.  Aside from being factually inaccurate - he wasn’t crying, albeit certainly emotional and on the verge - I’d have thought his ability combined with passion to be part of another tour is exactly why he was selected.  Surely you want someone who wants to be a part of that environment?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile

At a time where fans seek to see more honestly and less media bullsh*t from players and coaching staff this is an odd, petty comment.  Aside from being factually inaccurate - he wasn’t crying, albeit certainly emotional and on the verge - I’d have thought his ability combined with passion to be part of another tour is exactly why he was selected.  Surely you want someone who wants to be a part of that environment?

Actually no. Have no interest in this farce of a "tour" however you are welcome to be.

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Enough of an interest to make a throwaway comment though.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Enough of an interest to make a throwaway comment though.

Not really - so much fuss made about it in the press at the time.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
I was surprised he was not selected at first.

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
I was surprised he was not selected at first.

I wasn't.

Whilst he has been playing well in recent matches previously he wasn't even 1st choice at Bristol for a long time, not to mention his temperament, which, despite what people who support him say, is still an issue as proven by his recent ban for swearing at the ref.

Whilst I wouldn't have taken the exact wording that Neils did, I sort of understand his point, would he have been selected if it weren't for that post match interview?

I think it's a real shame for Porter who did deserve to be there.

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile

Whilst I wouldn't have taken the exact wording that Neils did, I sort of understand his point, would he have been selected if it weren't for that post match interview?

I think Gatland deserves a lot more credit than that.  He will have had a reserve list in mind from the outset as injuries are inevitable.  One emotional interview will have done nothing whatsoever to change that.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 10:00:51 AM by DGP Wasp »

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Who would you have had in then instead of Sinkler, andermt?

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile

If he’s fit and available for selection, why wouldn’t you select him?

Are you saying he won’t play if he travels because he won’t be selected, or he’ll break before he gets a chance to play?
The latter. It's far too risky to take him. You would basically be wasting a slot in the squad. His injury record, whilst unfortunate, is just too compelling.