Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Rounds 8 - 10  (Read 2225 times)

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Rounds 8 - 10
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2021, 11:57:59 AM »
I know this is an entirely hypothetical question, but how many more season tickets might clubs sell if supporters knew that all home matches would be played at 3pm on a Saturday (for example).

Impossible to measure as it is completely unrealistic given all the parties involved, but inconsistent kick off days and times must turn a lot of people off.

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2021, 03:25:28 PM »
The Quins game was always going to be a Sunday. When CCFC moved their match on the weekend of the Bristol match to the Sunday it was said that the agreement was an equal split of games being moved. It's our turn to play on the Sunday that weekend.

The Gloucester game hasn't been moved to avoid a CCFC game; they're away to Bournemouth that weekend.

For TV?

Presumably.

It's not been selected for TV. Oddly it's one of four Premiership matches kicking off in the Friday night slot that weekend. No internationals the next day other then the Barbarians v Samoa.

I noticed that when looking through the matches last night.  4 matches Friday, 1 Saturday and 1 Sunday.
Seems a very strange match schedule.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2021, 05:10:37 PM »
I know this is an entirely hypothetical question, but how many more season tickets might clubs sell if supporters knew that all home matches would be played at 3pm on a Saturday (for example).

Impossible to measure as it is completely unrealistic given all the parties involved, but inconsistent kick off days and times must turn a lot of people off.

I would suggest significantly more with early confirmation of days.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2021, 06:19:51 PM »
The trials and tribulations of being in the TV companies' pockets :(
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!