Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning All  (Read 1568 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Morning All
« on: October 24, 2021, 07:28:47 AM »
Morning All

Quite a still morning here but looks as if it is cloudy. Not that far (far enough) from the XYZ Stadium so will be similar there I would think.

I think our team has little chance of leaving with five points today but miracles do happen . Will be interesting to see some of the lads for the first time (and in the case of the loaned- last!).

Safe travels to anyone putting money in the EA pockets - shout loud.

COYW
Let me tell you something cucumber

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Morning All
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2021, 07:35:38 AM »
Morning Neils, morning all.

I'm lying in bed drinking coffee with a Cider induced hangover and looking foreard to a lazy Sunday.

I can't say I'm looking forward to the game so much though as it's probable we will get well beat today.

Stranger things have happened at sea so lets hold out a little hope for the boys surprising us.

COYW

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2021, 07:56:00 AM »
Good morning from a lovely sunrise in S glos - bette morning than expected and it's just me and the dog today as Mrs 909 is on parent visiting duties and I have full control of the TV....

That said, I've moved the sofa out so I can hide behind it, if required. And if offered a LBP and no injures, I'd bite your hand off, right now.

Head says we'll have a long afternoon - but Newcastle showed how to frustrate them and we've managed some results vs the EA's against the odds - so there's always hope.....

Safe travels to all going

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2021, 08:01:08 AM »
Morning Neils, Coddy, Mike and all Wasps from a quiet and still Guildford. A little lie in for me today as I am normally up before the lark, however a enjoyable beer and curry whilst watching the F1 qualifying meant a longer snooze than I planned. However my faithful hound woke me for his breakfast. Thus the coffee is on the go, and the rugby paper ready to enjoy. I actually got in the readers letters this week…although my email to them has been shortened and edited, and my surname is Newman not Norman! Theres nothing like journalistic accuracy and editing!  ;D

This game has me battling between my heart and my head. My heart says our boys will turn up, surprise Saracens a la the St Valentines day massacre and victory shall be claimed against all odds (and that is certainly my desire). My old grey matter on the other hand, with it’s annoying ability to rationalise suggests that we are coming up against a quality team, who have spent more time together, with proven winners at their home and There really can only be one result.

We have a mixture of youth, wider squad players and a smattering of senior players within the ranks. We are getting so many short term signings that I think we are going to have to nickname Lee Blackett ‘NatWest’ as he is taking out so many loans. Situations like this in pressure atmospheres require a trust in your system, and experiencing playing together as a unit. Sarries have that, we do not. Our injury list is horrendous, and our hands are forced. We are now in a situation where we need to pick and choose our battles whilst we wait for the cavalry to return. We cannot afford any more injuries as we do not have enough players left. Yet if we can survive this period, remain in touch with the top 6 at least, then as players and leaders return we will have a team much more battle hardened and experienced than we had before. Silver linings can be gained from such situations! NatWest will know that!

My absolute hope is that every player who wears the Wasp badge recognises its importance and gives their all today, and a display that, no matter the result, we can be proud of. Leave nothing out there, make Sarries realise that they have been in a match, a give a sign to the rest of the league that -although our current position does not reflect it- we are a coming force, and one that will not only be fighting for titles this season, but for many years to come!!!

Come on you Wasps!!!

Chris (Newman not Norman!)

Once A Wasp ALWAYS a Wasp!  ;D

« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 08:08:35 AM by Wombles »

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2021, 08:08:29 AM »
Morning folks. I just emerged from the pit, still asleep. I am hoping for a point. I hope the team run out on to the pitch with an attitude that they are out there to enjoy themselves. There are no tactics you can employ in a situation like this.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2021, 08:21:17 AM »
Morning everyone. Not looking forward to this afternoon. If we come away with a point and no injuries I'll be happy. I hope we leave North London with our morale undented and the cheats knowing they've been in a game.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2021, 08:33:53 AM »
My first televised Sunday game since being in Asia, a long wait all day for a 10pm KO - also back to work tomorrow teaching so we’ll see how that goes with regular Sunday games.

Hot day, walked with the dog on the beach, now sorting the bbq. It’s pretty good here and hope Wasps can turn out a good performance here to end the day well.
Not hoping for much - any BPs would be great but would love to see the likes of Umaga, Simonds, Curran, Mehson etc build more and hopefully some of the bigger guns come through unscathed.
Hope watching Sarries doesn’t infuriate me too much either - disliking them is so easy and don’t want to go to bed after a whole game whooping and hollering.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2021, 08:53:36 AM »
Morning all,

I was meant to be on a safety boat for a Laser event today, but a recurring back problem meant I had to call off, not being able to lift a casualty out of the water could be quite dangerous, fatal even.

This has given me a bit of a problem, whether to watch the match or not. I don't mind that we have a slim chance of victory, losing isn't the problem, its just I don't like watching Sarries and this predates the salary cap issues. They are neither humble in victory nor gracious in defeat and they act like a spoilt child on the field, it really spoils the enjoyment  of the game.

Safe travels for those attending and a good day to everyone else, lets hope that at 5pm we've got lots of positive things to talk about.

And now for an hour's German grammar :( followed by a long, tough, walk and then a pint in the pub.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2021, 08:55:36 AM »
Morning all.

Back rom la belle France after 3 weeks chez nous. Must sort the diary out for some trips to the CBS. (Interesting to hear it still called the Ricoh on the Quest EFL show last night!)

Low expectations for today. But as against Chiefs, if we exhibit confidence, stick to our game plan and eliminate errors, who knows.

Above all no more injuries please.

#COYW

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2021, 08:58:59 AM »
Good morning to everyone, esp. Mr Newman,  and here's to a good day.  We have grey clouds, a great deal of rain and some very attractive sheep (black ones, white ones and black ones with bits of white - Welsh mountain brand)  trying to effect an entry through the wire netting to the greener grass on the other side. I hope Wasp will  apply the same determination (of course they will) but with greater success this p.m.; I dream of a win but fell it's unlikely if only because they have had little time together. But the will to win  is there. Good luck boys and every success to you.  Go Go Go .................   Safe journeys to everyone everywhere,  and Allez Allez Allez  C. O. Y. W.  ........................

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2021, 09:08:13 AM »
Morning all,

I'm struggling to get enthusiastic about this one. Playing the unapologetic cheats is bad enough, but even with that aside it's hardly been an season to write home about so far.

Getting to the end of the game and still having enough players to field a full team is pretty much the pinnacle of my hopes.

I see a result in the ballpark of the bath game coming.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2021, 09:13:28 AM »
Morning all.
I would be delighted with a point, but we live in hope. Chunks of the team are really strong, it is the overall picture that looks weak, and knowing who we have out.

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2021, 10:20:35 AM »
Morning from very sunny Tarn et Garonne.

Saracens are well up for this game so it could be very painful.
Still, miracles do happen - Agen my local team won their first home game in 2 years yesterday and there was a real buzz in the town last night.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2021, 10:29:18 AM »
Morning all. No injuries, a look at some new players, and give everything and I’ll be happy. Come away with some sort of point and I’ll be ecstatic.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2021, 10:42:04 AM »
Morning All.

Maybe I'm deluding myself but I have a funny feeling about today's match. For a side with 16 players injured and a further 6 rested entirely, we actually don't have a bad team out. The only question mark for me is how McHenry and Simonds go in the centre. Stranger things have happened then a Wasps win today.