Always a Wasp

Author Topic: NZ VS Wales  (Read 2349 times)

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: NZ VS Wales
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2021, 04:10:54 PM »
how do NZ get away with their foul play, French reff., somebody should tell him Wales voted to stay in the EU

I know it is a joke, but actually Wales voted to leave, alongside England, South Wales valleys especially so.

Actually thought it was a classic autumn match from the Welsh, pretty terrible in the autumn as ever, the record in AIs makes for harsh reading. They only switch on for the 6n and are beaten before they start outside of that. The public don't care as much about these games as the 6n, which is treated with near reverence.
The NZ media reports think Wales had the rub of the green on reffing decisions, but then they would.

The WRU made a killing, but this match should never be outside the window first up.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 04:14:24 PM by westwaleswasp »

wycombewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2021, 05:09:00 PM »
yes it was a joke.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2021, 06:52:26 PM »
Yeah, was not having a go at all.

Last time Wales had a French ref it was the England Wales match, where they definitely got the better of the ref, they seemed to be marginally disadvantaged yesterday, but it can't have been too bad as the press were not all over it here....

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2021, 07:25:23 PM »
Your biggest worry isn’t the ref, it’s the loss of AWJ, injury or not he isn’t going to be around much longer and Wales’ performance dropped notably after he went off. Unless some of the England based players are going to step into his leadership role it’s hard to see Wales lifting the 6N without him. 

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2021, 10:07:55 PM »
Agree entirely, although it is not my personal worry- I remain  an England supporter, by birth. My wife however is Welsh, and supports Cardiff, meaning that for most of the  decade one or other of us was cheering a Dai team.
AWJ cannot be underestimated. He is probably the most revered Welshman in rugby terms. When I arrived in Wales all I heard about was the 70s players, a trait that continued till about 2010. Since then the  reminiscing largely stopped and AWJ  is spoken of in the same terms here these past 6 or so years. He is beyond talismanic in terms of Welsh belief.