Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Match Thread  (Read 6372 times)

Covkid40

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Match Thread
« Reply #75 on: January 01, 2022, 04:04:43 PM »
I’ve now got a 2 hour drive home after that. I’ve watched some poor performances over the last few seasons but that’s up there with the worst. I’ve never seen such an abject performance as that, absolutely nothing positive out of that. Just to really finish my day off I’m now waiting for the usual posters to start saying the players are tired, it’s because of the injuries, it’s the ref’s fault, to many players not used to each other or proud of the boys for working right to the end. It was total garbage

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 01, 2022, 04:07:23 PM »
I don't usually complain about the ref but Tempest was f*cking awful.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 01, 2022, 04:12:25 PM »
Tempest not giving offside at all, very disappointing.
Agreed, but we did nothing about it. A few chips through to try to keep Sale honest might have helped.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 01, 2022, 04:12:52 PM »

I don't think Claire Hodnett helped.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 01, 2022, 04:13:24 PM »
Have to agree with that Ross

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 01, 2022, 04:14:49 PM »

Indeed. How she could see what she did is beyond me. Even Curry didn't believe he had scored.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

MarleyWasp

« Reply #81 on: January 01, 2022, 04:18:29 PM »

Indeed. How she could see what she did is beyond me. Even Curry didn't believe he had scored.

My expectations slumped when she said Alfie's head knock was from a knee from a Wasps player when it was clearly from the Sale 12, but bloody hell that decision was a joke. They'd be using a clip of that in referee's training courses to show a textbook double movement...

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 01, 2022, 04:19:11 PM »
Completely agree - that was a shocker. But forget that. Why did we not replace Alo in the lifting pod = try Sale. Alo flops over at the breakdown right in front of the ref = try Sale. Silly long line out on our own 5m = try Sale. That’s without going through the handling errors going forward. We were just outplayed, outpowered and didn’t play a smart game.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 01, 2022, 04:21:22 PM »

It was one of the worst officiating performances. We needed parity at ref time to even get near Sale - who were not very good at times and we didn't get that. Key points in the game were plain reffed incorrectly. The Curry score and the so called rolling on that break in the second half amongst them.

That we were poor a lot of the time matters - but in this game the officiating was nearly as influential as we had our moments - but we needed the ref to be even handed and that just didn't happen.

The commentary team couldn't believe the Curry try and were taking the piss about "tempest being generous on offside".....

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 01, 2022, 04:22:49 PM »
Completely agree - that was a shocker. But forget that. Why did we not replace Alo in the lifting pod = try Sale. Alo flops over at the breakdown right in front of the ref = try Sale. Silly long line out on our own 5m = try Sale. That’s without going through the handling errors going forward. We were just outplayed, outpowered and didn’t play a smart game.

All correct. Thing is, Sale weren't vg either a lot of the time but benefited from just plain wrong officiating to end up barely a score ahead.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 01, 2022, 04:37:05 PM »
Agreed. Although I thought he gave us a break by chalking off their try just before half time (correct decision but rarely given). I guess my point is that the reffing in the Prem is incredibly inconsistent, subjective and sometimes just unfathomable. So we know it can’t be replied in - you have to take it out of the equation by playing well. We didn’t do that and our game plan was plain wrong.

Laterontoday

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 01, 2022, 05:00:50 PM »
Wind very influential.

I must have been at a different A J Bell. No wind all game perfect day for rugby. We just cant catch  or throw.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 05:10:32 PM by Laterontoday »

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 01, 2022, 05:02:28 PM »
Agreed. Although I thought he gave us a break by chalking off their try just before half time (correct decision but rarely given). I guess my point is that the reffing in the Prem is incredibly inconsistent, subjective and sometimes just unfathomable. So we know it can’t be replied in - you have to take it out of the equation by playing well. We didn’t do that and our game plan was plain wrong.

Well it was pretty obvious when the replay zoomed out and showed the Sale player being several yards ahead of his team mates joining the maul. An easy decision. - even if it's not often spotted.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 01, 2022, 05:05:12 PM »
Wind very influential.

I must have been at a different A J Bell. No wind all game perfect day for rugby. We just catch catch or throw.

I must admit I watched on TV. However, why then did the commentators continually mention it?
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Covkid40

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 01, 2022, 05:17:19 PM »
I was sitting in the west stand and thought it was quite blustery