Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Joe and Alfie released by Eddie  (Read 3358 times)

BdeB

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Joe and Alfie released by Eddie
« on: February 22, 2022, 06:41:05 PM »
Looks like we will have Joe and Alfie available this weekend as they have been released by England.

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Joe and Alfie released by Eddie
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2022, 06:52:38 PM »
That is great news, very confident about Fridays game now.

Our pack is likely to be the best it’s been all year. Who the hell is going to be picked in the back row.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2022, 07:27:46 PM »
Yeay!!!

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2022, 07:28:38 PM »
Great for us, but foolish of Eddie not to have them against Wales imo.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2022, 07:29:41 PM »
So that well known firm of solictors - Wiilis, Barbeary and Willis - could well be in action together. Like it.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2022, 07:45:58 PM »
Interesting. Pleased for Wasps but disappointed for them both. For Launchbury starts with Stooke at second row with Gaskell coming on. I’d go Barbeary six, Carr seven and T Willis 8 with J Willis on the bench again. Really gives us a huge amount of extra punch.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2022, 08:05:36 PM »
Great news BUT

Proves we could have had them for Queens.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Steadywasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2022, 08:29:02 PM »
A casual observer might question EJs motive for not releasing two key players to a club coached by an ex-employee knowing that he had no intention of retaining them in the 23. And at the same time allowing an experienced prop to leave the group for a few days in order to play against said team knowing that he was going to de retained. Hopefully there are some probing questions being asked, but I doubt it!

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2022, 08:42:40 PM »
So very glad that they're coming back but so sorry that their International hopes haven been smashed.  Again.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2022, 08:45:22 PM »
A casual observer might question EJs motive for not releasing two key players to a club coached by an ex-employee knowing that he had no intention of retaining them in the 23. And at the same time allowing an experienced prop to leave the group for a few days in order to play against said team knowing that he was going to de retained. Hopefully there are some probing questions being asked, but I doubt it!

Does anyone genuinely believe Marler went up to Eddie (or vice versa) and said something along the lines of "Listen maaate, I know you hate Wasps so how about you let me go and play against them this weekend and sort out Quins scrum but keep Alfie and Joe here then release them before the Wales game, it'll wind up their supporters loads, piss off Mitchell and we'll probably beat them if i play?"
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 08:53:51 PM by Chunky24 »

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2022, 08:53:45 PM »

Does anyone genuinely believe Marler went up to Eddie (or vice versa) and said something along the lines of "Listen maaate, I know you hate Wasps so how about you let me go and play against them this weekend and sort out Quins scrum but keep Alfie and Joe here then release them before the Wales game, it'll wind up their supporters loads and we'll probably beat them if i play?"

I can believe the bit about winding wasp supporters up loads. Probably also asked if there was a spare water bottle he could take back as well.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2022, 08:56:35 PM »

Does anyone genuinely believe Marler went up to Eddie (or vice versa) and said something along the lines of "Listen maaate, I know you hate Wasps so how about you let me go and play against them this weekend and sort out Quins scrum but keep Alfie and Joe here then release them before the Wales game, it'll wind up their supporters loads, piss off Mitchell and we'll probably beat them if i play?"

Of course 🤣
Let me tell you something cucumber

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2022, 09:18:02 PM »
Interesting. Pleased for Wasps but disappointed for them both. For Launchbury starts with Stooke at second row with Gaskell coming on. I’d go Barbeary six, Carr seven and T Willis 8 with J Willis on the bench again. Really gives us a huge amount of extra punch.
Stooke has been putting a lot of hard miles on the clock, he wasn’t his normal energetic self last week and perhaps is in need of a rest?

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2022, 09:26:36 PM »

Yes, I do. Except the discussion would be limited to Marler and Quins.

Bullying exists on many levels, and doesn't all come from the boss.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2022, 09:52:39 PM »

Yes, I do. Except the discussion would be limited to Marler and Quins.

Bullying exists on many levels, and doesn't all come from the boss.

Marler had played 32 minutes total off the bench over 2 weeks and has a history by his own admission of mentally struggling with long periods in camp, to me he seemed an obvious player to release back to play for his club whoever they were playing against.