Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Bears Match thread  (Read 6203 times)

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Bears Match thread
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2022, 09:34:07 PM »
Still time to end up with two points on the form of recent weeks

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2022, 09:38:38 PM »
Out of time - and we wouldn’t have deserved it.

Feel we left a lot of points out there tonight and gave away too many soft points

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2022, 09:39:19 PM »
I’m getting sick and tired of Jacob, totally a liability. How is he in the 23

Well he kicked a pretty good conversion right from the sideline.

Please don’t tell me that you wish MLB was playing

As Booj isn't playing you've got to air your hate on someone else.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Lwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2022, 09:41:21 PM »
That’s disgraceful really. Nothing the coaches can do about that, the players need to take each other aside and beat the moronic penalties out themselves.

Pulling players out of the ruck on wrong side.
Running in and slapping oppo players on the floor.
Holding a player in the air upside down.
Back chat to ref.

None of that is poor coaching, just mindless players.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2022, 09:42:15 PM »
I abhor Friday night games.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Laterontoday

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2022, 09:44:55 PM »
Wow what a dull game, can’t decide if the stream was dull because of the lack lustre commentator or it was just a dull game. Didn’t seem to have any game plan.

Used to like Thacker but he needs to switch to the round ball game the cheat. JTA put him down more carefully than He would a child yet he laid on the ground like he’d been dropped from height. CHEAT

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2022, 09:45:23 PM »
Well that was poor and has probably been coming. So much of the gritty stuff that Shields does wasn’t done v Bath, Quins or Bristol. We can’t get away with playing 30 minutes of rugby and these slow starts are killing us. Discipline tonight was terrible - and that’s the basics. My main worry is Robson’s form. Our tempo is set so much by him that if he’s not at it we dip as well.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2022, 09:49:05 PM »
Wow what a dull game, can’t decide if the stream was dull because of the lack lustre commentator or it was just a dull game. Didn’t seem to have any game plan.

Used to like Thacker but he needs to switch to the round ball game the cheat. JTA put him down more carefully than He would a child yet he laid on the ground like he’d been dropped from height. CHEAT

I quite agree. From the way he was behaving you'd have thought he was in real trouble. In fact HIA not required and a massive smirk told all.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2022, 09:54:25 PM »
I abhor Friday night games.

Do only one bottle of Ribera
Let me tell you something cucumber

Covkid40

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2022, 09:57:31 PM »
Hopwood he can’t tackle and how often do you want him to have bad kicks. He is a liability
Totally agree. I’ve said it on numerous threads and nobody will convince me other wise he isn’t good enough. Another poster said “he has some good kicks as well” well I’m sorry but a 50% kick rate is not good enough!! He can’t tackle is 50/50 at best under the high ball. It’s no coincidence that our best run of results has come while he was suspended

You see the world very much in black and white. Either or.

However, it’s always shades of grey.

But you’ve got your beliefs…and you’re only looking for evidence to back them up.
I’ve paid £50 to watch that load of crap. I hope there are more than a few harsh spoken in that changing room. I would also like Lee to come out and public criticise the whole team for that performance. Jacob isn’t good enough, my opinion and I’m sticking to it, Robson needs Putting in the bench, Stooke needs a rest and hurry back Shields and Frost. Piss poor, piss poor, piss poor , piss poor.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 09:59:47 PM by Covkid40 »

hopwood

« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2022, 10:01:14 PM »
First up, Bristol were superb.
Their back row had the kind of game our back row have won us games in the past.
They were simply on a different planet to our boys.
Consequently, the our lads couldn’t get a foothold and started giving away needless penalties.
Pure frustration at being completely outplayed.
It is however a massive work-on. The players giving away penalties have to see the game in the bigger picture, not the immediate short term, in the moment situation. As a team, we’re capable of coming back hard, but only if we keep our composure.
We didn’t tonight.

As for people pointing the finger at Jacob, I’m not quite sure what echo chamber you’ve created for yourselves.
Yes, he’s not a true 15, but boy, he does try and carve out opportunities for the team with really clever thinking, quick feet and a great reading of the game.

Probably much more appropriate to look at the way Dan’s game has dipped recently.
He’s not a bad player all of a sudden.
None of them are.
And we know nothing about their private lives. Who knows if there are loved ones ill, children playing up, insomnia, financial problems etc etc. They’re all human beings….and they all have human being problems.

But, yes, some of our key players are lacking some zip and bite.
And that ultimately comes down to the job of the coaches who manage and select them.

A poor performance.
A lot of questions that need asking and problems resolving.

But do remember that these guys are normal human beings, doing their best with the guidance and fitness they currently have.
They’ll be hurting both physically and emotionally.
And, like in any sport, the effort goes into next week to find out reasons why the team didn’t perform as a cohesive unit…as Bristol did tonight.

Just remember we’re the fans sitting in comfortable chairs.
They’re the guys spitting blood and going through hell, trying to work out how to be the best.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2022, 10:06:12 PM »
Hopwood he can’t tackle and how often do you want him to have bad kicks. He is a liability
Totally agree. I’ve said it on numerous threads and nobody will convince me other wise he isn’t good enough. Another poster said “he has some good kicks as well” well I’m sorry but a 50% kick rate is not good enough!! He can’t tackle is 50/50 at best under the high ball. It’s no coincidence that our best run of results has come while he was suspended

You see the world very much in black and white. Either or.

However, it’s always shades of grey.

But you’ve got your beliefs…and you’re only looking for evidence to back them up.
I’ve paid £50 to watch that load of crap. I hope there are more than a few harsh spoken in that changing room. I would also like Lee to come out and public criticise the whole team for that performance. Jacob isn’t good enough, my opinion and I’m sticking to it, Robson needs Putting in the bench, Stooke needs a rest and hurry back Shields and Frost. Piss poor, piss poor, piss poor , piss poor.
Come on now, get off the fence and tell us what you really think! Don’t worry - we’ll stuff someone again soon.

JF

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2022, 10:08:39 PM »
Once again we give away a BP's worth of points. This has been going on for years, we can't hope to challenge for honours if we hand the opposition  such a head start.

Laterontoday

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2022, 10:24:59 PM »
Interesting how we each see each game. I thought Jacob was the only back who actually tried to make things happen second half. We seemed to lack any sort of a game plan and hence Dan played slow, Charlie did not seem to call any plays and we floundered time after time.

We have a week off now so time to rest up and go again against saints.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2022, 10:26:22 PM »
Very well said, hopwood. A thoughtful and rational post.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!