Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Heads Up: TONIGHT - Wasps “The Sting” Friday 4 March 10pm, BT Sport 1.  (Read 1382 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Wasps “The Sting” Friday 4 March 10pm, BT Sport 1):
In 2002/3, Wasps claimed the Zurich Premiership and was also victorious in the European Challenge Cup, but 12 months later they would claim the league again and go one better with victory in the The Heineken Cup. With just seconds to go the game was tied at 20-20, but then Wasps scrum half Rob Howley tried an innocuous looking grubber kick towards the Toulouse try line and the rest is history. Contributors include Lawrence Dallaglio, Tom Voyce and Rob Howley.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Enjoyed that

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Let me tell you something cucumber

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Plus  1.  it was marvellous.  Thank you for posting that.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Ironically, I don't have a sub to BT Sport, so haven't been able to watch it myself :(
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Ironically, I don't have a sub to BT Sport, so haven't been able to watch it myself :(

Well it was a good half hour to watch after the Edinburgh match morphed into the Queens show (Marlar 76 minutes).
Let me tell you something cucumber

MartinB - Radnage Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
That was a really enjoyable 30 minutes.......great memories! It wasn't long enough to include more of the great characters involved with Wasps at that time but certainly gave a sense of the intensity.
Funnily enough I had completely erased my memory of that home loss to Celtic Warriors even though I was at the match but remember the rest so clearly. Quite how LBND and Volls managed to carry on after that head collision vs Gloucester in the quarter final is still beyond me as we heard the sound from the halfway line....just imagine the reaction nowdays! I also had not realised the family background situation for Trevor before the Munster game.....then he scores the winning try.....what a guy!

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Was slightly before my time as a Supporter.  Think my first ST was 2008/9 and first few games in/around 2007.

Some great snippets in there.

JF

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Nowhere near long enough, there should be a special edition about three hours long. Hugely enjoyable memories of when we ruled half the world.

Did they redub the commentary? I seem to remember that Sky had the rights, although maybe Nick Mullins did the commentary for one of the terrestrial channels for a highlights package.

COYW15

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile

Did they redub the commentary? I seem to remember that Sky had the rights, although maybe Nick Mullins did the commentary for one of the terrestrial channels for a highlights package.

My one issue with this - love them or hate them, Barnes and Harrison are the voices of the Heineken Cup in the 2000s. Mullins commentating over 15-20 years later just isn't the same.