Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Teams Up for Wuss.  (Read 2684 times)

Ipswichwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Teams Up for Wuss.
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2022, 12:38:03 PM »
I am concerned that we are not using Crosdale now he is apparently fit.

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2022, 12:43:14 PM »
That's nice and strong and more importantly very consistent, It's got to be a win for us.

not sure why Fifita is not in the 23

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2022, 12:48:44 PM »
That's nice and strong and more importantly very consistent, It's got to be a win for us.

not sure why Fifita is not in the 23

Fifita listed on the injured / unavailable

Sliminator

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2022, 12:59:54 PM »
Crossdale was one of the travelling reserves last week. Nice problem when you have nearly 40 fit players, a lot of good guys will miss out.

Mellie

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2022, 01:04:20 PM »
I think Crossdale could be off by the end of next season.
Or sooner... I think Ali may be off end of this season. I don't think the Wasps management rate him anywhere near how he is viewed on this board, which us why he appears to have fallen off the radar.

He had a very impressive debut and I think that's clouded views on here. While he has obvious talent as an attacking force I think his defence is terrible and he provides little security at the back. Ironic given the flak Jacob has received, who I think has a much better all court game as a full back even though he has flaws too.

Rugbyintheblood

• Wasps Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2022, 01:16:48 PM »
Team looks good, bench strong.

Seem to recall us giving Worcester the win last time, because we fumbled and mis directed passes, plus conceded stupid penalties - and wallop, Worcester scored off these mistakes.

In a previous away game, JTA came off the bench and was a penalty machine, so our flow was hugely disrupted. Hopefully we can still hold our own with the bench front row coming on at the hour mark.

Going to be an emotional game for Ryan to get involved in and need a big showing off the bench from him, excited for him.

Also Tom W usually has a stormer against Worcester, hopefully another big performance coming tomorrow from him off the bench.

So for me it’s mainly about precision. If we’re accurate we’ll win - and win well.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2022, 02:37:58 PM »
 I presume that  Tom W as mentioned above is Tom West.  Lets hope that Tom Willis gets the chance to actually get off the bencht to have a stormer too. 

Jac A

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2022, 02:47:13 PM »
Is that two ex of ours in their 23: Billy Searle and Sione Vailanu?

Three - Jack Owlett too.

Team looks good, bench strong.

Seem to recall us giving Worcester the win last time, because we fumbled and mis directed passes, plus conceded stupid penalties - and wallop, Worcester scored off these mistakes.

In a previous away game, JTA came off the bench and was a penalty machine, so our flow was hugely disrupted. Hopefully we can still hold our own with the bench front row coming on at the hour mark.

Going to be an emotional game for Ryan to get involved in and need a big showing off the bench from him, excited for him.

Also Tom W usually has a stormer against Worcester, hopefully another big performance coming tomorrow from him off the bench.

So for me it’s mainly about precision. If we’re accurate we’ll win - and win well.

Looking at my notes from the last match, yes, Worcester first two tries were small errors that DVDM pounced on. The first was a spill from Brad that allowed DVDM to run through and the give to Simpson for the score and their second was a lose pass from a ruck from Porter and Duhan ran in from 40+ metres. We were much better in the second half and actually it was Worcester who gave up loads of penalties and we would have won if Gopperth had converted Tom Willis' try. Dan Frost, Tom Willis, Barberry when he came on were all played very well.
At the scrum JTA and Hislop stared and the only scrum penalties we gave away were x2 from Hislop for stepping out, x1 for Millar-Mills for binding on the arm and a free kick pen for no hook.

Good team, very happy with that. How different now that there are so many good players who aren't in the team through selection rather than injury - Crossdale, Young, Carr, Spink all no there and players like Willis and Odogwu on the bench. Worcester look a lot weaker than when we last met too - don't want to get too confident though. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2022, 03:27:08 PM »
Skybet have us 1/50 favourites with Wuss 12/1 against.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Old Geezer

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2022, 04:23:09 PM »
Is there a rumour Crossdale is leaving?

Rugbyintheblood

• Wasps Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2022, 04:45:57 PM »

At the scrum JTA and Hislop stared and the only scrum penalties we gave away were x2 from Hislop for stepping out, x1 for Millar-Mills for binding on the arm and a free kick pen for no hook.

Yes you are quite right about the last match details, and you’re report was spot on. But I was referring back to the previous seasons away match when JTA had a howler coming on from the bench. Anyhow, the point I was trying to make was that if we can be more accurate tomorrow and cut down on the sloppy play, we can notch up a W.

Rugbyintheblood

• Wasps Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2022, 04:51:14 PM »
I presume that  Tom W as mentioned above is Tom West.  Lets hope that Tom Willis gets the chance to actually get off the bencht to have a stormer too.

Sorry WonkyWasp I was meaning Tom Willis too. So I will join you in cheering him on from the bench. 

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2022, 05:01:13 PM »
Regardless of who we were playing - this is a strong team with a strong bench. This team ought to provide a strong test for any team from the Prem.

We must expect that Wuss will come at us. They have as a team and as individuals all the incentives they need from a really poor season. It's the sort of game that we need to win if we're to start looking like a good team, now that most of the key players are fit and have some game time. It's also the sort of game that is all too easy to lose...

That starting front 5 is near international standard (slight home town sunglasses perhaps) and our set piece ought to be too good for them. What we must do is manage the game, take the initial sting out of their game and not gift them points or field position. I know that's "bears and woods" territory, but too often, we've let the opposition back in. So lets also do the basics of getting clearances off the pitch (when aiming to do so) and competing at the breakdown, only when it's on.....

We ought to be 15 points min too good for them - but we can't go onto the pitch believing that...

COYW!

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2022, 05:30:05 PM »
Is there a rumour Crossdale is leaving?
There is now. That comment wil get picked up and appear in the next TRP.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2022, 05:48:55 PM »
Thanks Ritb!  Isn't it nice to know we both have such impeccable good taste!   :D