Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Arundell  (Read 2055 times)

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Arundell
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2022, 01:23:03 PM »
Arundell is also eligible for both Wales and Ireland isn't he?  In which case, a 5 minute run off the bench in the 3rd test is a distinct possibility.

And Scotland.

However very nice to see the boy wonder kept in check by Worcester last night.

In all fairness Eddie and the majority of fans have only seen his highlight reel, we’ve not seen anything else from him yet / especially the Freddie Steward stuff that Eddie likes.

Considering I saw him in the U20 games I think the first time I ever saw him pass was against us recently.
Undoubtedly talented going forward and what a wonderful talent but he needs a little break from the hype I think

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2022, 01:58:44 PM »
I'm with you on that Jonny

hopwood

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2022, 03:42:07 PM »
I've been watching his career from afar.
And obviously I highlighted his potency from the bench just before the Wasps/Irish game kicked off.

But I'll be the first to say that he's nowhere near the finished article yet.
First, he's just out of school and 19.
Secondly, his positional play is still thin on experience. I mean, he's only played a few full games in the Premiership.
Third, his defence can (and needs to) improve. He's not scared of a tackle, but his technique will develop over the next 6-12 months.
Decision-making will come under more and more pressure...as opposition teams work out strategies for when he has the ball.
And finally, how will he cope when things aren't going his way, when he's having a few blips etc?

He has got a good head on him. Level-headed young man.
And he's got a great mentor in Declan Kidney, as well his school coaches, who have got him this far.

I think the decision to include him in the England setup this summer is spot-on, as his education will develop quickly.
Joseph too (who looks a tidy prospect).

So...keep expectations low...and allow these guys to grow.
But....Henry Arundell does have something very special in the way that he runs, steps and then accelerates again. Not many players have that ability.
Hopefully it can be nurtured into becoming a long-standing and successful England rugby player.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2022, 05:39:40 PM »
I’d go as far as the current England set up is concerned that will definitely not happen.He’s more likely to add confusion, disillusionment and fatigue to his skill set.