Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Slightly OT - Electric car chargers at the Arena?  (Read 596 times)

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
Slightly OT - Electric car chargers at the Arena?
« on: May 19, 2022, 09:37:44 AM »
Yesterday Tesla announced that some of their superchargers are now open to non-Tesla cars, at the same time, on the Tesla Supercharger map a new Tesla charger installation, due Q3 of this year, was shown at Judds Lane in Coventry.

Doesn't say at the Arena, but would make sense, especially if it were in time for the Commonwealth games, and doesn't say if it will be open to non-Teslas.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Slightly OT - Electric car chargers at the Arena?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2022, 09:39:56 AM »
Tesco ??
Let me tell you something cucumber

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2022, 09:52:36 AM »
There map which is usually exremely reliable shows it as being on Judds Lane, close to the small roundabout that leads to carpark A

<edit> Just been suggested to me it might be, what Tesla refer to as "destination chargers". These are at places that people visit, and are usually found at attractions, hotels etc. Use of them has to be booked with the site owner, and I have been told that Hilton hotels are having them installed at several of their sites throughout the UK - which would mean they are for hotel patrons only.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 10:05:15 AM by RogerE »

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2022, 10:14:23 AM »
There map which is usually exremely reliable shows it as being on Judds Lane, close to the small roundabout that leads to carpark A

<edit> Just been suggested to me it might be, what Tesla refer to as "destination chargers". These are at places that people visit, and are usually found at attractions, hotels etc. Use of them has to be booked with the site owner, and I have been told that Hilton hotels are having them installed at several of their sites throughout the UK - which would mean they are for hotel patrons only.

We asked S Vaughan about electric chargers (for a friend who currently charges at M6 Junc 1 Services) and were told no current plans but it would be looked at with any new construction (something about available power in the parking areas).
Let me tell you something cucumber

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2022, 10:41:43 AM »
Would imagine the Hotel or Arena event services would have knowledge of nearest local facility.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2022, 11:24:39 AM »
If they are installing a supercharger point on Judds Lane, it is far more likely to back on to the electricity sub station at the end of the road, where there is a big concrete paved area, next to the the Ricoh car park.