Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Wade to Exeter - TRP Rumour  (Read 16261 times)

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Wade to Exeter - TRP Rumour
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2022, 11:07:23 PM »
He knows where the try line is instinctively, surely. That was never coached into him. 
If our backs were sparkling this year, I could understand the reticence, but the back performances have been dire, not dire as in an off year, but dire as in you have to go back twenty plus years to fins something this ineffective. Frankly Josh Lewsey in a zimmer frame would be attractive after this year, let alone a fit Wade, regardless of when he last touched a ball in anger.
Even at our worst, in the relegation by a whisker season, Wade and Vardell had more threat than the current back three combinations. It has to be worth the risk. If the worst comes to the worst we can always resort to pushing the drinks cabinate one inch closer to Berlin. Wade just being on the pitch should create space.

hopwood

« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2022, 09:00:12 AM »
He knows where the try line is instinctively, surely. That was never coached into him. 
If our backs were sparkling this year, I could understand the reticence, but the back performances have been dire, not dire as in an off year, but dire as in you have to go back twenty plus years to fins something this ineffective. Frankly Josh Lewsey in a zimmer frame would be attractive after this year, let alone a fit Wade, regardless of when he last touched a ball in anger.
Even at our worst, in the relegation by a whisker season, Wade and Vardell had more threat than the current back three combinations. It has to be worth the risk. If the worst comes to the worst we can always resort to pushing the drinks cabinate one inch closer to Berlin. Wade just being on the pitch should create space.

+1

wycombewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2022, 12:24:28 PM »
+2

Wiltshire Wasp

• Loving Coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2022, 02:06:23 PM »
I do wish that a decision would be made soon as I am spending too much time coming here to look for news!
“In a world full of Kardashians be an Audrey”.

BdeB

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2022, 02:46:49 PM »
He’s coming home, he’s coming home….

I am going all in with the optimism. CW has been tweeting and retweeting loads of articles this afternoon about him and rugby. It would suggest an announcement is imminent and as I can’t bear the thought of him going elsewhere I am calling him back to Wasps.

Wildkard

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2022, 03:31:03 PM »
One of my all-time favourite players and one I'd love to see come back.... however, if I were Christian would I want to come back to Wasps? - not a chance!

When he left we had a back line that scored tries for fun, could terrorise defences and could strike in numbers from anywhere on the field - now we have a back line we try not to let have the ball in case one of them throws it on the floor or gives it back to the opposition. :-\

I really hope I'm wrong but I just don't see him being a good fit with us at the moment and almost every other premiership club looks to be a better prospect.

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2022, 06:10:49 PM »

Wade's biggest problem may be his perception of his value against what the clubs see.

He's surely got to be touting hindsight as an elite winger
One of the best try's per games records
Etc etc etc

He's also recently been earning around £500k per year in the NFL.

Whereas the clubs are coming to terms with a reduced Salary cap.
Most will have already done their main transfer business.
They may also be nervous about his time away from the game.

Even if some clubs do value him, they may not be able to fit a particularly big salary within the cap

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2022, 06:39:21 PM »
One of my all-time favourite players and one I'd love to see come back.... however, if I were Christian would I want to come back to Wasps? - not a chance!

When he left we had a back line that scored tries for fun, could terrorise defences and could strike in numbers from anywhere on the field - now we have a back line we try not to let have the ball in case one of them throws it on the floor or gives it back to the opposition. :-\

I really hope I'm wrong but I just don't see him being a good fit with us at the moment and almost every other premiership club looks to be a better prospect.
Really?

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2022, 06:50:36 PM »

Really?

Our back line was good at least partly because he was in it. I can't see him doing anything other than improving it. Let's face it, even if he sat in the stands with a pizza and a pint he wouldn't make it much worse.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2022, 06:58:44 PM »
Was really querying the assertion that we are one the least attractive propositions in the league.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2022, 07:01:27 PM »

Really?

Our back line was good at least partly because he was in it. I can't see him doing anything other than improving it. Let's face it, even if he sat in the stands with a pizza and a pint he wouldn't make it much worse.

I reckon have him just sitting in the stand would sell a few tickets around him.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2022, 07:12:15 PM »
Good grief this is building to be a massive PR disaster for Wasps if he does go elsewhere.

If he wants rugby and not Wasps please make it Major League in the States. 
Let me tell you something cucumber

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2022, 07:51:16 PM »
Was really querying the assertion that we are one the least attractive propositions in the league.

Sorry, I was mainly replying to Wildkard, just being lazy with my quotes...

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2022, 07:53:07 PM »
Good grief this is building to be a massive PR disaster for Wasps if he does go elsewhere.

I wonder if they've taken that into consideration with any negotiations.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2022, 08:00:17 PM »

I wonder if they've taken that into consideration with any negotiations.

They really can't be that naive- can they?
Let me tell you something cucumber