Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Just WTF are the Cheats getting involved in now????  (Read 997 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Just WTF are the Cheats getting involved in now????
« on: July 18, 2022, 02:57:50 PM »
SOCIOS.COM PARTNERS WITH SARACENS THE CHEATS TO BRING ITS FAN ENGAGEMENT AND REWARDS PLATFORM TO RUGBY UNION.

Along with Tigers and Quins (City wide boys).

https://www.saracens.com/socios-com-partners-with-saracens-to-bring-its-fan-engagement-and-rewards-platform-to-rugby-union/
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Just WTF are the Cheats getting involved in now????
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2022, 03:03:39 PM »
Isn’t it one of those schemes where you basically pay but get a say on largely irrelevant stuff like sock colour or the name of a mascot etc etc

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2022, 04:16:29 PM »
I dislike Sarries as much as the next person (more in most cases), but at least they are doing something towards fan engagement rather than waiting for the start of the season and expecting them just to turn up.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2022, 05:01:27 PM »
I dislike Sarries as much as the next person (more in most cases), but at least they are doing something towards fan engagement rather than waiting for the start of the season and expecting them just to turn up.

Agreed.

I thought that fan engagement was one of Wasps priorities?

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2022, 05:09:29 PM »

Agreed.

I'm all for fan engagement but surely there are better ways of doing it? If someone rang me up out of the blue about this, I would tell them to go take a flying f*ck and hang up.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2022, 05:26:16 PM »
Looking at the company that is promoting the idea it looks more like someone had a basic idea for a money grabbing scheme, and then floundered about thinking up a way to implement it.

I have a fundamental distrust of anything that uses "blockchain" as a selling point.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2022, 08:40:29 PM »

Agreed.

Just posted

https://twitter.com/WaspsRugby/status/1549114281831960576?t=sfxrtN2MTyIbHCyJdv7twg&s=19

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2022, 09:35:34 AM »
These schemes have come in for a lot of criticism in football when the tokens start being traded as crypto currencies & values fluctuate wildly. I wouldn't go anywhere near this if Wasps offered it & I can't see many rugby fans going for it initially.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2022, 09:41:32 AM »
These schemes have come in for a lot of criticism in football when the tokens start being traded as crypto currencies & values fluctuate wildly. I wouldn't go anywhere near this if Wasps offered it & I can't see many rugby fans going for it initially.

This totally. Please Wasps no!
Let me tell you something cucumber

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Let me tell you something cucumber