Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Next season  (Read 2656 times)

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Next season
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2022, 12:10:09 PM »
If Atkinson can play like he did against Tigers every game, he could kick a lot of points for us.

Hartley for me looks like a really good centre in the making, and should be doing everything we can to develop him into a world class boy. As others have said, he has the ingredients to be an English Esterhuizen, but he's a long way off.

Rugbyintheblood

• Wasps Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2022, 04:36:07 PM »
Hartley for me looks like a really good centre in the making, and should be doing everything we can to develop him into a world class boy. As others have said, he has the ingredients to be an English Esterhuizen, but he's a long way off.

Yes well said. I’m really excited to see Hartley this season too. Not sure about him being an English Esterhuizen, but I’d settle for that. I can see with his size that it’s a fair comparison but Hartley has a demon side step in his skill set too that proved so effective last season.

Anyhow it’s a reason to be positive about next season

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2022, 04:40:01 AM »

Yes well said. I’m really excited to see Hartley this season too. Not sure about him being an English Esterhuizen, but I’d settle for that. I can see with his size that it’s a fair comparison but Hartley has a demon side step in his skill set too that proved so effective last season.

Not sure he’s the quickest, remembering back to his time at 15 for the U18s but he has the physicality and the distribution to do very well, as well as a tried relationship with Charlie Atkinson (and Ma’asi-White coming though)
If he can turn out as a Billy 12T or a Mark Atkinson type/quality player over the next 10 years he’d have done well and we’d be lucky to have him.

Simonds seems to be getting some good game time down in Aus too so hopefully he can stay fit and be pushing for selection too.

Saw on Moseley’s list of departing players that Fisilau and Ma’asi-White would not be with them next year and that they would be moving to play at a championship club next year - Nottingham perhaps?
Fin Brown will be playing at Moseley next year and if he can play regularly there that’s a great move for him - has the size, now needs to get some more experience

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2022, 07:01:14 AM »

Not sure he’s the quickest, remembering back to his time at 15 for the U18s but he has the physicality and the distribution to do very well, as well as a tried relationship with Charlie Atkinson (and Ma’asi-White coming though)
If he can turn out as a Billy 12T or a Mark Atkinson type/quality player over the next 10 years he’d have done well and we’d be lucky to have him.

Simonds seems to be getting some good game time down in Aus too so hopefully he can stay fit and be pushing for selection too.

Saw on Moseley’s list of departing players that Fisilau and Ma’asi-White would not be with them next year and that they would be moving to play at a championship club next year - Nottingham perhaps?
Fin Brown will be playing at Moseley next year and if he can play regularly there that’s a great move for him - has the size, now needs to get some more experience

Or maybe Ampthill, plenty been there before and additional coaching link of Koch now.

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2022, 01:49:58 PM »

That's probably a more realistic and accurate comparison!

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2022, 02:00:28 PM »

Also interesting to note that Ashley is no longer listed as a player, just as Forwards and Defense coach.