Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Commonwealth 7s - Pitch  (Read 24299 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Re: Commonwealth 7s - Pitch
« Reply #270 on: August 18, 2022, 04:12:54 PM »
Please don't let this thread become like the monumentally boring 44 pager on DW.

Interesting vid by the way. Chunk.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

SBSam

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 18, 2022, 04:20:09 PM »
Looks like they are crocheting the new pitch. :)

SBSam

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 18, 2022, 04:25:28 PM »
But it’s not 20,000 Coventry fans every week in the Championship. Anyway, agree to disagree. The original point was that I hope break clauses have been included by Wasps in order that rent etc can be looked at. SBSam then set off down the rabbit hole of being turfed out. Frankly, I’d be amazed if anything but a minuscule % of CCFC fans would go as far as threatening someone in a Wasps shirt - that’s disgusting if it happens and cannot be condoned.

Shugs, you said a break clause without qualifying it. In my experience, a break clause is normally associated with an opportunity for the contract to be terminated without penalty. If there was such a clause in Wasps favour and if it was exercised, the result would be CCFC being “kicked out” of the stadium. That would be totally different to the exile to Northampton, entirely SISU’s doing, and significantly different to the trip to Birmingham which would probably be fair to say was 50:50.

Rifleman Harris

• Wasps Rugby Fan and MND Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 18, 2022, 05:02:48 PM »
I tend to agree with Sam...the loss of a football club to a city is massive - just look at Bury.  There is still loads of bitterness both in the town and across the lower leagues at many clubs.  Different situation as the club went out of business, but Wasps do not want to be the reason Coventry left town and shouldn't underestimate the anger it would cause (especially if it were perceived as putting the club's future at risk).  Now they are here I think we have to accommodate them. 

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 18, 2022, 05:03:51 PM »
Some pics and video of pitch and work starting.

https://twitter.com/Coventry_City/status/1560280359022891009?t=xGCqrWJMOgkI90M1vPSTKA&s=19

I heard three of the grounds staff tragically lost their lives walking across the perilously unsafe grass.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 18, 2022, 05:23:41 PM »
No, they’re actually in the picture VV but they’re stood in the divots.

SBSam

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 18, 2022, 06:02:53 PM »
Very funny Shugs.

On a more serious note, and hopefully not in breach

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/2022/08/18/wasps-rugby-club-chased-hmrc-unpaid-tax-bill/