Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Oh dear part 2.  (Read 5763 times)

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Oh dear part 2.
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2022, 09:01:51 PM »
The plot thickens, from t’other thread ……

It now appears that the CG had exclusive tenancy until 14/8. If that’s the case there may well have been a clause about them handing it back in the same condition they got it, or something similar. 

Either way, CCFC should have known this when they signed their tenancy agreement, so why did they even think that a home game tomorrow would be acceptable?

We’re not going to get the full story for some time and I suspect there’s a lot of commercial law firm partners rubbing their hands together in delight and thinking about their future payments.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2022, 09:10:55 PM »
Our hosting the Commonwealth Games Sevens was announced on 3rd September 2019, which meant it would have been agreed when CCFC had just walked out to share with Birmingham City.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2022, 09:18:51 PM »
The CCFC statement regarding the postponement, does not seem to be inflammatory in any way.

Come on Dai Young

« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2022, 09:58:30 PM »
More information from the BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62366363

What a mess (the situation, not the pitch, although really it applies to both).

SBSam

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2022, 11:57:09 PM »
I'm afraid this down to Wasps, they have a tenant and a responsibility to provide a decent playing surface.  If I was CCFC i'd be extremely angry especially as promises were made to improve the playing surface.

For those blaming the football club, take off your Wasps specs for one moment and look at it from their point of view, I’m ashamed.

We’re promises made? Not saying they were or weren’t but only have CCFC statement to say it was, I’ve also heard the agreement for for a new surface to go down after this season, so no idea which is the truth.

I don’t get the unsafe comments, yes it’s poor and yes it was inspected by a senior match official but he probably had the CCFC guys in his ear the whole time so no surprise it has been called off. I still feel this has a strong element of point scoring at the moment.

Stephen Vaughan 10 March 2021

So there’s two things we’re going to be doing, firstly we’re going to be investing heavily in the maintenance of the pitch.

“It doesn’t matter how good your pitch is, you could be playing at Twickenham, but if you play at Twickenham every week, and you train on it, you’ve got no chance.

“We’re going to be investing in doubling up our lights. We’re going to be doubling up on the amount of staff on there as well.

“And after the first season of Coventry City being here and the Commonwealth Games, we’re going to be laying an entirely brand-new pitch again.”

So yes, promises were made. And not delivered.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2022, 12:31:02 AM »
How many times are you going to repeat yourself, Sky Blue Sam?
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

SBSam

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2022, 06:35:50 AM »
How many times are you going to repeat yourself, Sky Blue Sam?

I have answered a question in this thread with published information. There are two threads on the same topic, one clearly titled the other somewhat cryptic. Just making sure that both threads have this information.

So, to answer your question, just the twice.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 07:04:37 AM by SBSam »

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2022, 07:19:18 AM »
So now it's     goodbye  to you  Sam. goodbye to you Sam.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2022, 08:47:23 AM »
SBSam, do you realise that the CG still have exclusive use of the arena for another week?

How can Wasps have failed to do something after the games when they have not yet finished?
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

SBSam

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2022, 09:22:06 AM »
Why did they say they would then?

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2022, 09:30:30 AM »
Why did they say they would then?
“And after the first season of Coventry City being here and the Commonwealth Games, we’re going to be laying an entirely brand-new pitch again.”

Commonwealth games aren't finished yet, so we can't criticise Wasps for that. FWIW, I think Wasps are in the wrong here regarding pitch maintenance, but can't blame them for something that hasn't happened yet.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2022, 09:31:02 AM »
They said they would do it after the games.

Maybe they will, maybe they won't, but as it is not yet after the games it's a moot point.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2022, 09:43:53 AM »
I am coming to the conclusion that the EFL have a lot to answer for.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Egret

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2022, 11:24:49 AM »
I am coming to the conclusion that the EFL have a lot to answer for.

Nothing to do with the EFL and everything to do with ccfc wanting to turn a shilling.

SBSam

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2022, 12:29:58 PM »
According to Dave Boddy, the EFL insisted that all EFL clubs who were affected by the CWG and hence played their first matches away HAD to play their second match at home. If that is the case, it is not so much that CCFC were keen (as suggested) to play at the CBS today, but had no choice.