Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Big News  (Read 32485 times)

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Big News
« Reply #75 on: August 20, 2022, 10:28:00 AM »
I’d like to think an accurate statement would be “We tried to contact Steven Vaughan several times but he was far too busy running the company to engage in pointless dialogue that will only be spun and relates to regurgitated speculation, most of which he’s already addressed”.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 20, 2022, 10:36:27 AM »
If you get up someone's nose then don't expect favours.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 20, 2022, 10:41:44 AM »
I’d like to think an accurate statement would be “We tried to contact Steven Vaughan several times but he was far too busy running the company to engage in pointless dialogue that will only be spun and relates to regurgitated speculation, most of which he’s already addressed”.

He genuinely has been on holiday. I have no doubt if there was an actual emergency he'd be on it like a shot, but this is not even close.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 20, 2022, 12:48:12 PM »
Tweet from Marcello Cossali-Francis, Sports Editor @worcesternews. 1020 this AM.

Warriors update: "So it sounds very much as if the club will go into administration, likely to be public knowledge on Monday morning.

There remains concern about the fact Warriors the club and land are now separate businesses. Makes it tricky for a buyer if that’s the case."

Very worrying for all at Wuss if this is actually going to happen. M C-F is a creditable journalist.

SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 20, 2022, 01:23:24 PM »
Hope there is a way through it for them.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 20, 2022, 04:21:13 PM »

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 20, 2022, 06:49:16 PM »
Rugby Times writer comment on Worcs and Wasps.

https://twitter.com/RugbyTimes/status/1561008864979550208?t=CDpl7hyGyXpyqgoS9TshZw&s=19

Lol! Sounds like someone is desperate for a bit of attention.

I could just as easily say I've spoken to someone at the club today and they are expecting millions of pounds of currently un-announced revenue to be confirmed soon.

It might be true, but no-one could possibly know for sure. Because it isn't negative and goes against the current theme everyone would assume I was talking rubbish.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 20, 2022, 07:01:47 PM »

https://twitter.com/RugbyTimes/status/1561008864979550208?t=CDpl7hyGyXpyqgoS9TshZw&s=19

That's a damn fool thing to write - a month off the beginning of the season. Nothing but idle speculation. Piss poor journalism.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 20, 2022, 07:08:56 PM »

That's a damn fool thing to write - a month off the beginning of the season. Nothing but idle speculation. Piss poor journalism.

Newcombe has always been pretty clued up on Wasps affairs often the source of transfers particularly the ones in the past couple of seasons from the championship, not saying he is right but also much as I would like to not an easy one to dismiss like some others.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 20, 2022, 09:00:44 PM »

Newcombe has always been pretty clued up on Wasps affairs often the source of transfers particularly the ones in the past couple of seasons from the championship, not saying he is right but also much as I would like to not an easy one to dismiss like some others.

Clued up enough to know what financial cushion Wasps have, what's currently in the bank, what potential liquidity there is if they need it, what's in the pipeline for the next few weeks, and what the significant shareholders are willing to loan?

I suspect anyone that claims that knowledge and isn't on the board is a liar.

This is just shit stirring and I'm starting to wonder who it is that is driving an obvious vendetta.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 20, 2022, 10:02:05 PM »
"loving being back in the West Country after many years away"

Taken from Newcombe's twitter profile. Now where in the West Country could that be - Gloucester? (our 1st Prem game), Bristol? (our 2nd Prem game), Bath? (3rd Prem game) or Exeter? (5th Prem game). Nothing like trying to undermine team morale before the season gets going.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 20, 2022, 10:45:54 PM »
Quote from: Rossm link=topic=5469.msg92905
#msg92905 date=1661018507

Clued up enough to know what financial cushion Wasps have, what's currently in the bank, what potential liquidity there is if they need it, what's in the pipeline for the next few weeks, and what the significant shareholders are willing to loan?

This is just shit stirring and I'm starting to wonder who it is that is driving an obvious vendetta.
I don’t think any individual is driving an agenda VV. I think it’s just a combination of abject lazy journalism and the need to supply column inches. If you take the bond issue, the pitch and HMRC I’ve read the same thing in 10-15 media locations on each issue. There’s nothing new in any of them. And some are presented 2-3 days after the first iteration. If it’s Ruck it can be a week. So it creates a news “swirl”. The press are now convinced Wasps is a story to be had and will keep digging like the parasites they are. That is until a rumour about a different team/sport emerges and we’ll be yesterdays news. The facts play little part in any of it. The whole process has confirmed to me how terrible our press outlets are. I believe Wasps are in good hands and I hope those in control continue to push forward with building the club rather than feeling the need to react to every regurgitated rumour.

SBSam

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 20, 2022, 11:17:54 PM »
Quote from: Rossm link=topic=5469.msg92905
#msg92905 date=1661018507

I don’t think any individual is driving an agenda VV. I think it’s just a combination of abject lazy journalism and the need to supply column inches. If you take the bond issue, the pitch and HMRC I’ve read the same thing in 10-15 media locations on each issue. There’s nothing new in any of them. And some are presented 2-3 days after the first iteration. If it’s Ruck it can be a week. So it creates a news “swirl”. The press are now convinced Wasps is a story to be had and will keep digging like the parasites they are. That is until a rumour about a different team/sport emerges and we’ll be yesterdays news. The facts play little part in any of it. The whole process has confirmed to me how terrible our press outlets are. I believe Wasps are in good hands and I hope those in control continue to push forward with building the club rather than feeling the need to react to every regurgitated rumour.

This will shock you Shugs, but I agree with much of what you say. As soon as the bonds weren’t repaid, it will have alerted the media to potential issues at Wasps. I genuinely think that the pitch issue was mishandled and raised more concerns about the financial position.

However it is not uncommon to read the same thing in multiple media outlets , I’m pretty sure the Jubilee was covered in very news media outlet in the land, so that can hardly be a cause for complaint. Yes, the media are convinced there a story to be had and will keep digging - again it’s what they do and many a potential scandal has been uncovered or disproved because of it. I hate clickbait journalism, the CT are prime examples where they recycle the same story but with numerous different enticing headlines.

Another story may come along to displace Wasps from being the centre of attention. However, there is the next chapter in the bonds saga to come.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 21, 2022, 07:38:05 AM »
TRP front page Fissler! Nothing new except HMRC looking at a Northern and a SW Club as well.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 21, 2022, 08:09:21 AM »
Tweet from Chris Jones, rugby journo.

Premiership rugby club Worcester Warriors is set to enter administration, putting £14 million of taxpayer funds at risk. Steve Diamond tells Sunday Times 
@TimesSport
if salaries not paid in 10 days with club in administration players could look for new clubs
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!