Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Big News  (Read 32397 times)

MarleyWasp

Re: Big News
« Reply #135 on: August 21, 2022, 09:24:35 PM »

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 21, 2022, 09:28:01 PM »
Crap, but probably playable. People have coped with far, far worse for many years. But Robins wanted it carpet like so that his centre halves could roll it about to each other for 90 minutes.

Unsafe said the independent agronomist, so not playable.
Independent agronomist who wouldn’t want to be sued if someone rolled an ankle.

Indeed. I’ve just been looking up exactly what an agronomist did (I knew really because I’m a golfer) and anted to see if there is a H&S part of it. There doesn’t appear to be.

But TBF, Sam claims Wasps agreed to it. 

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 21, 2022, 09:41:43 PM »

Don’t see how conferences and concerts make much money if the last 17 years are anything to go buy and I’m sure this litigious tenant will be in the revenue for version 28 of the growth plan to try and stop the bond holders pressing the button

You don't see how they make much money?

It's been a long time since I worked in entertainment, but it used to be something along the lines of an act pays a fee for the venue, but takes the majority of the ticket moneys. Food and drink, parking, hotels etc go to the venue.

With a capacity of 40k you don't have to be brain of Britain to see the revenue stacking up pretty quickly.

40k people paying £50 a piece is £2M for the act, and the average spend on site doesn't have to be very much to be very valuable indeed.

Sports fans may drink more but none of the girl power brigade whine about how the Spice Girls really should own the stadium.

Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 21, 2022, 09:42:48 PM »
Crap, but probably playable. People have coped with far, far worse for many years. But Robins wanted it carpet like so that his centre halves could roll it about to each other for 90 minutes.

Indeed. I’ve just been looking up exactly what an agronomist did (I knew really because I’m a golfer) and anted to see if there is a H&S part of it. There doesn’t appear to be.

Why didn't they consult some players?
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

SBSam

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 21, 2022, 10:34:56 PM »

It was Steven Vaughan who said they had agreed to it - We have agreed that an independent agronomist selected by the EFL can come to the Arena and carry out their own inspection of the pitch- from Wasps official site.

So I am not merely making a claim, It was a fact.

SBSam

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 21, 2022, 10:37:26 PM »

Don’t see how conferences and concerts make much money if the last 17 years are anything to go buy and I’m sure this litigious tenant will be in the revenue for version 28 of the growth plan to try and stop the bond holders pressing the button

Sports fans may drink more but none of the girl power brigade whine about how the Spice Girls really should own the stadium.

Fatuous statement.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 21, 2022, 11:31:25 PM »

Fatuous statement.

Both accurate and relevant I'd say.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

SBSam

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 22, 2022, 04:39:59 AM »

Fatuous statement.

Both accurate and relevant I'd say.

On reflection both statements are true, but the second one is also fatuous. The plaque on the stadium says that it provides a stadium for CCFC, not the Spice Girls.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 22, 2022, 07:52:56 AM »
Another nickname for CCFC, The Spice Girls😆
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 22, 2022, 07:55:25 AM »
Like it

BlackAndGoldSunglasses

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 22, 2022, 08:19:29 AM »
Twitter thread about some of the corporate goings-on at Worcester, and the changing of hands of the various parcels of land:

https://twitter.com/jamespearson88/status/1561563247018446848

Sounds very iffy. Not something of which Cecil Duckworth would have approved, I think.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 22, 2022, 08:25:42 AM »
Another nickname for CCFC, The Spice Girls😆
They could form a new version made up of Litigation Spice, Whiny Spice, Entitled Spice, Bitter Spice and Delicate Spice. It’s everything for nothing that they want, that they really, really want.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 22, 2022, 08:29:19 AM »
That’s very good, Shugs.

SBSam

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 22, 2022, 08:29:36 AM »
Twitter thread about some of the corporate goings-on at Worcester, and the changing of hands of the various parcels of land:

Sounds very iffy. Not something of which Cecil Duckworth would have approved, I think.

Sounds familiar

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 22, 2022, 08:32:19 AM »

Sounds familiar

Yes - classic SISU modus operandi. ;D