Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Big News  (Read 32389 times)

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Big News
« Reply #165 on: August 22, 2022, 01:05:40 PM »
I was chatting to a friend who supports Worcester and we were looking at the owners on Companies House. I counted 11 seperate businesses linked directly to Worcester that one owner has been a director of in the last 3 years.

Crikey, Derek has only got 6 based out of the CBS arena.

You have clearly moved from discussing an issue that affects both clubs, to making pointless negative remarks about Wasps.

Consider this your one and only warning.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 22, 2022, 02:04:05 PM »
I was chatting to a friend who supports Worcester and we were looking at the owners on Companies House. I counted 11 seperate businesses linked directly to Worcester that one owner has been a director of in the last 3 years.

You have clearly moved from discussing an issue that affects both clubs, to making pointless negative remarks about Wasps.

I think that yellow is a tad harsh, VV. It actually made me giggle ;)
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 22, 2022, 02:21:45 PM »

I'm happy to accept that you are a nicer and more easy going person than me.  ;D

SBSam

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 22, 2022, 02:38:42 PM »

I'm happy to accept that you are a nicer and more easy going person than me.  ;D

It was slightly tongue in cheek, and not necessarily worse than some of the comments I have received. I was genuinely surprised though that one of the companies is called Commonwealth Conferences, three relate to Arena Quarter, two are Wasps Holdings and Wasps Finance. The financial position of Wasps is of interest to many people on this forum and, also taking into account the training ground ownership issue, does make me wonder whether some of the potential benefits to Wasps of the move are not going to accrue to Wasps.

I would hate to be red carded, I do like the endless thread.

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 22, 2022, 02:48:49 PM »
I think that yellow is a tad harsh, VV.

Me too, FWIW.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 22, 2022, 02:50:48 PM »
As an aside, does SISU have any separate businesses linked directly to CCFC and if so, how many? I know nothing about business and even less about finance (ask the wife🤣), so I don't find the idea in general being a surprise (to me at least).
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 22, 2022, 03:04:34 PM »
Latest update of sorts from Worcs, this local journo seems most up to date given the info vacuum.

https://twitter.com/Mcossalifrancis/status/1561710113039290368?t=81iyi_BYMLSDW-SCHmXEdg&s=19

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 22, 2022, 04:20:07 PM »

BlackAndGoldSunglasses

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 22, 2022, 04:35:13 PM »
Nothing statement. Adds nothing, rules nothing out, says... nothing.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 22, 2022, 04:36:39 PM »
Nothing statement. Adds nothing, rules nothing out, says... nothing.

Has a background hint of "we're not getting away with this now are we"

Marlow Nick

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 22, 2022, 05:15:45 PM »
Depressingly the statement seems to say that playing rugby at Sixways has been downgraded from the fundamental purpose of the business to merely an option to be considered

SBSam

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 22, 2022, 05:51:02 PM »
As an aside, does SISU have any separate businesses linked directly to CCFC and if so, how many? I know nothing about business and even less about finance (ask the wife🤣), so I don't find the idea in general being a surprise (to me at least).

Otium operate the football club and is a subsidiary of Sky Blue Sports and Leisure. There is also SBITC (Sky Blues In The Community). I’m not aware of any others.

I think everyone expects that if the unicorn, I mean stadium, is ever built that there will be a propco set up to run it.

I think with Wasps, it was the training centre that surprised me, given statements Vaughan had made about Wasps owning all of it (and the timing of the share transfer) and also Commonwealth Convention Centre Ltd. That is a dormant (but still classed as active) company set up in 2020 and would sound to be, if operational, at odds with Wasps own conferencing operation.

I guess I don’t trust Sisu or multi millionaires particularly when they “owe” ordinary people money.

Agosto blond snowpack

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 22, 2022, 06:04:23 PM »

Otium operate the football club and is a subsidiary of Sky Blue Sports and Leisure. There is also SBITC (Sky Blues In The Community). I’m not aware of any others.

I think everyone expects that if the unicorn, I mean stadium, is ever built that there will be a propco set up to run it.

I think with Wasps, it was the training centre that surprised me, given statements Vaughan had made about Wasps owning all of it (and the timing of the share transfer) and also Commonwealth Convention Centre Ltd. That is a dormant (but still classed as active) company set up in 2020 and would sound to be, if operational, at odds with Wasps own conferencing operation.

I guess I don’t trust Sisu or multi millionaires particularly when they “owe” ordinary people money.

SBS and L is a shell company with £28m of “owed” but non recoverable funds.  Otium is the club and anyone buying the club only has to purchase Otium

Wasos has a bizarre number of companies including Candmago Holdings within the group and Maltese registered moonstone holdings as the parent company and MGI Fiduciary at the top of the chain
Please don't lie on the grass, unless accompanied by a fellow,
(May I be so bold as to suggest Othello)
Punting on the Cam is jolly fun they say
Beagling on the downs Oh please come they say
Rugger is the tops a game for men they say

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 22, 2022, 06:05:27 PM »
Sam  -  If you ever met Derek you might well change your mind about this particular millionaire.  I am not being 'crawly' etc;  he is a genuinely nice  person.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 22, 2022, 06:30:03 PM »

SBS and L is a shell company with £28m of “owed” but non recoverable funds.  Otium is the club and anyone buying the club only has to purchase Otium

Wasos has a bizarre number of companies including Candmago Holdings within the group and Maltese registered moonstone holdings as the parent company and MGI Fiduciary at the top of the chain

As expected its more complicated than you seem to imply.

Otium Entertainment Group Limited own the essentially asset free club. However they have only one registered director. They do however have Sisu Capital Ltd listed as having a "significant interest".

Sisu Capital Ltd is owned entirely by Joy Sepalla, but is also part of Sisu Capital Partners LLP, which lists it as one of the partners. Another of the partners is Joy Sepalla again. This time she shares significant interest with three other people. It starts to get even more interesting when you look at their other connections with St Helens Rugby League, London Property Investment, and Singapore based asset management companies all featuring.

It's easy to draw conclusions from layered companies, but the fact is it is common practice. Pick any top level sports team and you could make it look dodgy if you wanted to.

As Wonky says Derek is one of the good guys.