Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Big News  (Read 32531 times)

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Big News
« Reply #195 on: August 22, 2022, 08:11:14 PM »
It looks like bondholders are starting to organise themselves

https://uk.advfn.com/stock-market/london/wasps-22-WAS1/share-chat
You seem very heavily invested in all of this Sam. I suppose it might lessen once you have home games to focus on. Out of interest on the bonds thing what outcome are you hoping for?

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 22, 2022, 08:12:32 PM »

Looks like Grendel has finally found a home where they are wanted/liked, unlike SBT or DWs. 

Didn't realise they were a Bondholder as well as the fount of all sporting, financial, legal and business knowledge whilst seemingly having endless amounts of spare time on their hands.  That's some talent.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #197 on: August 22, 2022, 08:16:43 PM »
Telegraph now reporting that the house Worcester owned to house academy players was repossessed.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 22, 2022, 08:27:42 PM »
Sounding bleak for them isn’t it. Is it as basic as we play a 12 team league if they don’t make it? Hope they can survive.

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 22, 2022, 08:46:35 PM »
Sounding bleak for them isn’t it. Is it as basic as we play a 12 team league if they don’t make it? Hope they can survive.

It solves a lot of problems for PRL

SBSam

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 22, 2022, 09:19:25 PM »

You seem very heavily invested in all of this Sam. I suppose it might lessen once you have home games to focus on. Out of interest on the bonds thing what outcome are you hoping for?

I was just passing on something which I thought might be at least of interest even if of no concern to you.

I have loads of time now I’m retired, I’ve picked this as my pet project.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 22, 2022, 09:38:44 PM »

I was just passing on something which I thought might be at least of interest even if of no concern to you.

Picked what?

Ensuring Wasps fans don't miss any negative news about their club?
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 22, 2022, 10:13:25 PM »

But not enough time to read the comments.

“Deleted misread article” appears quite a lot.  Also, that’s all we need, a Baldric with a plan.

SBSam

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 22, 2022, 10:51:44 PM »

[/quote

But not enough time to read the comments.

“Deleted misread article” appears quite a lot.  Also, that’s all we need, a Baldric with a plan.

I have read all the comments actually.  The guy who most recently deleted had thought that the  covid money was new, not what has already been loaned to rugby clubs, and hence thought there was a chance bondholders would get their £35m back.

I don’t know why that would matter anyway, the communication from the Trustee was the point. Did you have time to read it?

SBSam

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 22, 2022, 10:55:04 PM »

Picked what?

Following the ups and downs of a local sports club and debating same with intelligent people with a different viewpoint.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 22, 2022, 11:07:02 PM »
Picked what?

Following the ups and downs of a local sports club and debating same with intelligent people with a different viewpoint.

You should get a job in PR. "Yes" would have been a lot quicker to type.

You seem to be very strongly focussed on the downs and not so much on the ups.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

SBSam

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 22, 2022, 11:25:28 PM »
Picked what?

You should get a job in PR. "Yes" would have been a lot quicker to type.

You seem to be very strongly focussed on the downs and not so much on the ups.

The new kit is very nice and I’m sure it’s great that Ashley has returned. I am trying not to be even more irritating by posting on lots of different threads. I have been very surprised at the general lack of concern about the bond default - and other matters which many here will defend, ignore or not really address, like Vaughan saying Wasps would own the training ground when it appears that they don’t.

There are some on here who I think do have some concerns, other are totally blasé and have been shown to be wrong, e.g, the bonds weren’t sorted out in a few weeks. Until the bonds are sorted I don’t see much in the way of ups because until then there is a constant cloud hanging over everything.

The consent solicitation should be out in 9 days. Bondholders who express a view are not happy bunnies but they may have smaller holdings who had planned to use the redemption to, for example, pay off their mortgages. Those with bigger holding may be keeping their powder dry, but all the media attention is not helping Wasps cause. It does only take 25% to vote against the plan for it to fall.

If everything works out, those who are totally unconcerned will be able to say “told you so”. Those who are concerned will breath a sigh of relief. If it doesn’t work out, there will be some to whom it will come as a total shock.

Whilst my stance will be seen as biased, because I have supported CCFC for a very long time, it does actually provide some balance when taken overall with all the views expressed by the many more posters who have an equal but opposite biased stance. They are more than capable of highlighting all the ups.

As I said previously, I am enjoying the debate. The world would be a very boring, and probably less developed, place if everyone agreed on everything.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 11:29:27 PM by SBSam »

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 23, 2022, 08:01:38 AM »
Imho I don't find Sam offensive, certainly not on the level of Dehumaniser (euch) or thinggy wotsitv snowpack, or a couple of other SBSs.  'SB' can stand for many uncomplimentary descriptions.  I can't approve of insults and slurs aimed at Derek; he is our owner and a genuinely nice person, and can't answer back.  The most recently claimed "my  truth"  which Snowpack spat out went far beyond the pale (as well as being untrue) and I'm very happy that he is no longer sniggering in a corner.  Thank you.  But Sam isn't bad.

BlackAndGoldSunglasses

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 23, 2022, 08:13:26 AM »
Debate is good.

I think I said in one of my early posts that in many ways society these days has lost the ability to have a good argument. I mean argument in the best way, with people on both sides putting their ideas and points, and the others (and this is important) listening and trying to understand the viewpoint.

Anyway, this thread has gone off the rails somewhat.

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 23, 2022, 10:22:44 AM »

Which is fair.  But scratch beneath the surface and it's hardly a bondholder revolt.  There are relatively few voices posting on that board to begin with.  Amongst the prominent ones, there are two who only joined in June this year, have only ever posted on the Wasps Bond board and their posts vary between describing themselves as bondholders to enquiring when bondholders might actually wake up to them being conned (not exact wording, but the same inference).  Coupled with a couple of fairly obvious CCFC-related usernames does make you wonder just how meaningful or indicative that board is.