Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Big News  (Read 32504 times)

SBSam

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Big News
« Reply #270 on: August 25, 2022, 05:53:58 PM »

Can you really be surprised about the legal comment Sam. Given the history of your owners and the obvious thinly veiled insinuations in Boddy’s various statements it was/is an accurate statement. There seems a determination with CCFC fans to try and prove our owners are as bad as yours - I think it must just be to make yourselves feel better about your situation. It’s just not correct.

I really don’t think you have got the point of the part of my post referring to litigation: had four home matches been played there would have been no hint of legal action. Hence what you call Boddy’s thinly veiled accusations. It will be interesting to see whether they do follow that course of action, or take the moral high ground, take it on the chin and do nothing.

The second point, I had genuinely misread the original post. Your owner is described by everyone as being nice and genuine, no one has ever described Joy in such a way. However both are ultimately hoping to make money off the back of our respective clubs and in that regard are similar. Derek may well have a more “ethical” approach (for want of a better word) - he may be more like the old fashioned football club chairman that don’t really exist anymore. The acid test of priorities would be IF Wasps went belly up.
Unfortunately with your owners the hint of litigation is omnipresent.

Really? Ask Northampton and Birmingham City.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 25, 2022, 05:57:34 PM »
Deluded.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 25, 2022, 07:04:21 PM »
VV. Please lock this thread. Permanently. If you want to carry on flogging this dead horse, there 56 pages of shite on DW site. This is aimed at all participants.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

SBSam

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 25, 2022, 07:05:43 PM »
And that is why I took a couple of days thinking whether I should post or not.

I don’t want to flog a dead horse, my comments were reasonable. It’s Shugs who seems unable to comprehend what I was saying and comes back with their typical response.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 07:12:24 PM by SBSam »

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 25, 2022, 07:17:26 PM »
VV. Please lock this thread. Permanently. If you want to carry on flogging this dead horse, there 56 pages of shite on DW site. This is aimed at all participants.
I understand you don’t like the thread Ross but you don’t really get to dish out the instructions or aim anything at all participants. Can I suggest if you don’t want to read it you don’t open the thread and leave others to comment as they see fit.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 25, 2022, 07:21:01 PM »

I don’t want to flog a dead horse, my comments were reasonable. It’s Shugs who seems unable to comprehend what I was saying and comes back with their typical response.
Sam, don’t confuse able to comprehend with disagrees with. Deluded summed up all I wanted to say in one word.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 25, 2022, 07:22:01 PM »
I understand you don’t like the thread Ross but you don’t really get to dish out the instructions or aim anything at all participants. Can I suggest if you don’t want to read it you don’t open the thread and leave others to comment as they see fit.

Shugs: This thread was originally about the possible demise of Worcester Warriors. This is a subject that concerns me, so I cannot ignore this thread. 
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 25, 2022, 07:27:40 PM »
Fair enough. Concerns me a great deal too. Let’s try and stay on that then 👍

SBSam

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 25, 2022, 07:31:29 PM »

Sam, don’t confuse able to comprehend with disagrees with. Deluded summed up all I wanted to say in one word.

I can understand you not agreeing, but the statement I posted about the potential for litigation before a home game had been played wouldn’t have been alledgedly contemplated if home games had, in fact, been played is surely true. I don’t see how that statement can be disagreed with.

You have an opinion that litigation is omnipresent: something has to present itself which did not occur whilst CCFC were at Northampton or Birmingham, I don’t think that there has been a plot to strike at Wasps via legal means - you can disagree with that but it doesn’t make me deluded.

As is said, it will be interesting to see if any litigation does follow. I assume you will apologise if it doesn’t, I’m sure you will say “told you so” if it does.

SBSam

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 25, 2022, 07:32:35 PM »
I’m going to shut up for now.

I see the bunting coming out  :)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 25, 2022, 07:35:40 PM »

10m can be bought on amazon.

SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

SBSam

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 25, 2022, 07:42:38 PM »

Do they do it in sky blue?

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 25, 2022, 09:07:23 PM »
A quick post,

First please remember to be polite. While Sam is making his(her?) points in a courteous way I'm certainly not going to treat them the same as the crap Grendel spouted.

Secondly thread drift happens.  Any post that gets multiple pages inevitably changes topic along the way.  I get that some people don't want to read an ongoing debate about the respectiev owners of the the two clubs at the CBS Arena, but it doesn't do any harm

Sam, I have no issues with Derek making money, in fact I hope he makes a ridiculously, disgustingly big amount from Wasps. I see no contradiction in being a nice person, and making money. Derek genuinely loves the game, and he regularly goes out of his way to do things for people that he has no need to. I first met him when my son was given the all clear after a year of Chemotherapy and he contacted me to invite the whole family up to a game and to meet the players. He had no reason to, but he did.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 25, 2022, 09:22:37 PM »

Do they do it in sky blue?

Looks like you have to go to bunting warehouse where they do 10 metres, 24 Pennants per length. Pennant size 200mm x 300mm.
I will try and attach a photo and you can tell me (them?) whether the shade is correct. I can't believe I am posting this  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0058/6740/5423/products/sky-blue_1400x.png?v=1571716671

« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 09:26:09 PM by Rossm »
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 25, 2022, 09:27:24 PM »
In the vague hope if getting this back on track, statement from current warriors owners released.

https://twitter.com/jamespearson88/status/1562880728987488257?t=smf2QpyGniz1qh-7_0-o1Q&s=19