Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Big News  (Read 32505 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Re: Big News
« Reply #285 on: August 25, 2022, 09:38:53 PM »
Thanks, Chunk.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

SBSam

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 25, 2022, 09:38:59 PM »
I’m going to shut up for now.

I see the bunting coming out  :)

10m can be bought on amazon.

Do they do it in sky blue?

Looks like you have to go to bunting warehouse where they do 10 metres, 24 Pennants per length. Pennant size 200mm x 300mm.
I will try and attach a photo and you can tell me (them?) whether the shade is correct. I can't believe I am posting this  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0058/6740/5423/products/sky-blue_1400x.png?v=1571716671

Thanks Ross, I owe you one, it does look close to one of the various sky blue that we have worn over the years.

SBSam

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 25, 2022, 09:41:39 PM »
A quick post,

First please remember to be polite. While Sam is making his(her?) points in a courteous way I'm certainly not going to treat them the same as the crap Grendel spouted.

Secondly thread drift happens.  Any post that gets multiple pages inevitably changes topic along the way.  I get that some people don't want to read an ongoing debate about the respectiev owners of the the two clubs at the CBS Arena, but it doesn't do any harm

Sam, I have no issues with Derek making money, in fact I hope he makes a ridiculously, disgustingly big amount from Wasps. I see no contradiction in being a nice person, and making money. Derek genuinely loves the game, and he regularly goes out of his way to do things for people that he has no need to. I first met him when my son was given the all clear after a year of Chemotherapy and he contacted me to invite the whole family up to a game and to meet the players. He had no reason to, but he did.

VV I am genuinely glad that your son responded to the chemotherapy. I am sure it was tough for him, but also all your family as well.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 25, 2022, 09:44:57 PM »
In the vague hope if getting this back on track, statement from current warriors owners released.

https://twitter.com/jamespearson88/status/1562880728987488257?t=smf2QpyGniz1qh-7_0-o1Q&s=19

It all sounds reasonable, but the responses don't seem to believe it.  I don't know the details enough to be able to guess how fair the statement is.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 25, 2022, 10:05:11 PM »
Stick with us Sam.  I think you've had a bit of a baptism of fire, but hang in there ....   er, not in the fire tho'.  We've really imo  been  amazed by the weird behaviour of Grendal and his/her/their ilk and I think we've got a bit suspicious of newbies.  Unfairly sometimes.  Blame Grendal  -  why not.  I expect I'm speaking out  of turn here but it's how I feel  Thanks VV for using the guillotine where necessary. 

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 25, 2022, 10:44:09 PM »
What an odd way to communicate. I’m not sure I believe it. A vat bill of £320k that is a few days late does not lead to the action HMRC are taking. There’s lots in there isn’t there. The whole thing strikes me as being a but unprofessional.

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 26, 2022, 09:12:44 AM »
It's a good example of how information gets presented by the press and drip-fed by the people involved.

Whilst they don't explicitly reference it in their statement, the club (if the press are to be believed) owe approx £6m to HMRC.  Reading the statement, that doesn't mean the £6m is overdue by part of an overall repayment plan. 

Perhaps the £320k VAT bill and the repayment plan were intrinsically linked - i.e. pay the VAT bills late (or other taxes due) and the repayment plan is cancelled/called in hence the winding up petition.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 26, 2022, 04:01:21 PM »
Worcester Warriors: 'The clock's ticking', warns ex-player Jonny Arr

From the Beeb.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/62608456

"The club have now cancelled their own pre-season media day next Tuesday - and are also not expected to attend the annual Premiership launch on Wednesday."

I would say this is particularly concerning.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 26, 2022, 04:06:49 PM »
Worcester Warriors: 'The clock's ticking', warns ex-player Jonny Arr

From the Beeb.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/62608456

"The club have now cancelled their own pre-season media day next Tuesday - and are also not expected to attend the annual Premiership launch on Wednesday."

I would say this is particularly concerning.

Club sponsor is paying for them to go to their Glasgow pre-season game next week.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 26, 2022, 04:26:40 PM »
Oh that really doesn't look good.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

MarleyWasp

« Reply #295 on: August 26, 2022, 05:50:25 PM »
In the vague hope if getting this back on track, statement from current warriors owners released.

https://twitter.com/jamespearson88/status/1562880728987488257?t=smf2QpyGniz1qh-7_0-o1Q&s=19

If they are telling the truth, release the land registry documents concerning transfer of ownership of land. If it shows it happened in 2018/19 like they say, then they're being honest. If it shows it happened in the past 3 months, then they're being economic with the truth.

Lwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 26, 2022, 06:44:28 PM »
If they are telling the truth, release the land registry documents concerning transfer of ownership of land. If it shows it happened in 2018/19 like they say, then they're being honest. If it shows it happened in the past 3 months, then they're being economic with the truth.

Don't need to release it, anyone can obtain land registry records by paying the fee to the land registry.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 26, 2022, 06:49:34 PM »
Seems council do have a lease on the car park as mentioned.

https://twitter.com/Rreesrugby/status/1563192601230348288?t=qOfxH6AexOUjKe1SANkjyg&s=19

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 28, 2022, 04:23:26 PM »
I understand there is a supportive article in today's Sunday Times by (surprisingly) Stephan Jones.  I don't have a way through the firewall, so would be grateful if anyone can do a copy and paste job. Thanks.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!