Always a Wasp

Author Topic: New forum rules post  (Read 1581 times)

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
New forum rules post
« on: August 18, 2022, 05:44:37 PM »
I have updated the rules post at the top of the page, please read it.  As it is locked to comments if you have a comment about it this is the place.

Thanks

VV
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: New forum rules post
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2022, 05:56:58 PM »
I am sad to hear that a regular poster has left. This should be a forum for lively exchange of views, but also considered and respectful, especially when a view runs contradictory to your own! It should be a page to look forward to visiting, not in trepidation because someone hiding behind the anonymity of the internet is acting in a disrespectful/intimidating/aggressive/inflammatory way.

Well said and updated VV!

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2022, 06:21:12 PM »
Plus 1.  I have left the other thread for the reasons mentioned above but hope that some day I can return.  I hope the lost poster will feel the same and return too.  I hope that I  have not contributed in any negative fashion and apologise if I have done so in any way.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2022, 07:35:20 PM »
Thanks, VV. Sorry to hear we've lost a regular poster. Hope that they are still reading and will return.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2022, 11:12:26 PM »
One of the greatest quotes ever written was “I disapprove of what you say but I’ll defend to the death you’re right to say it”. So I think posters of all opinions should be welcome. Having said that I agree the tone of debate should be reasoned and civil. Affinity to your team can make you cross that line and I’m happy to apologise if I personally have crossed it. Worst of all I’d hate to think contributors have been lost for whatever reason - every comment is valid if communicated correctly and no-one should ever think otherwise.

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2022, 06:29:26 AM »
Well done VV I do hope we can have some great discussions in the coming season.

Sad to hear someone has left, hope they have a change of mind

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2022, 08:02:16 AM »

One of the great difficulties of message forums is when people of differing opinions have a discussion, but neither side has any intention of ever changing their mind.

In the end, that just becomes a battle to eventually be proven right,

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2022, 08:47:15 AM »
Also known as “last wordism” because for some that means they’ve won the argument.

BlackAndGoldSunglasses

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2022, 08:50:09 AM »
What a shame. I know I'm a new poster, but I've been reading your views for quite some time and it's always seemed like a nice place to hang out :)

One of the biggest losses to society, and it has changed noticeably in the last six years I think, is the ability to have reasoned debate, to see things from another's point of view, and to listen to arguments and maybe even change your mind.

Ah well. So be it.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 09:18:33 AM by BlackAndGoldSunglasses »

matelot22

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2022, 11:56:31 AM »
Well said VV, I've just read it and it's all very fair comment. I very rarely visit the DW site anymore for precisely the reasons you mention here.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2022, 01:26:28 PM »
Seems fair. I've not been near the other site in recent memory - I just want to discuss rugby, especially Wasps and certainly am not interested in acrimony. I can get that down the pub....

Whilst recognising the interplay with the football club - it is of no interest to me - my football allegiances lie elsewhere anyway. I'll most likely not post on threads that have it as a subject.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2022, 01:41:19 PM »
Seems fair. I've not been near the other site in recent memory - I just want to discuss rugby, especially Wasps and certainly am not interested in acrimony. I can get that down the pub....

Whilst recognising the interplay with the football club - it is of no interest to me - my football allegiances lie elsewhere anyway. I'll most likely not post on threads that have it as a subject.

The admin at DW have sensibly changed the thread subject to Wasps Business Thread (non rugby). So easy to avoid.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2022, 04:43:47 PM »
Thanks - but I do prefer it here!

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2022, 04:47:31 PM »

So do I. I was once called the nastiest poster on Drunken Wasps years ago by arquero  ::) He's registered here by the way (2017) but has never posted. Hope you are well, if you read this.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 04:50:06 PM by Rossm »
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2022, 04:54:07 PM »

So do I. I was once called the nastiest poster on Drunken Wasps years ago  ::)

Ah - probably still are (excepting the current swathe of somewhat over the top old English epic characters)
Let me tell you something cucumber