Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Teams Up for Saints - Vinny Starts.  (Read 3650 times)

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Teams Up for Saints - Vinny Starts.
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2022, 08:00:45 AM »
As I have asked elsewhere  Does Vincent Koch really exist?  Has anyone ever seen him??   Can we claim back his wages????

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2022, 08:29:52 AM »
And did anyone else hear the ''Announcer'' try to lead a chant?  Just once.  And did he really really  say ''Ole Ole Ole'' instead of ''Allez Allez Allez''?  It sounded very like it.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2022, 08:34:54 AM »
You are lucky you can hear the announcer - just a muffled noise with us. Apart from the music so it must be him. At least we won't be hearing him again. Small bonuses.
Let me tell you something cucumber

BarossaD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2022, 08:42:13 AM »
And did anyone else hear the ''Announcer'' try to lead a chant?  Just once.  And did he really really  say ''Ole Ole Ole'' instead of ''Allez Allez Allez''?  It sounded very like it.

Yeah, it was a half-arsed effort - I felt embarrassed for him. someone in the east stand did a lot better immediately afterwards

Sliminator

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2022, 08:45:32 AM »
Sounded like Allez to me, but he didn't follow it up so it went a bit flat.

Heard an Oggie, Oggie, Oggie at one stage, but you can forgive them for making the effort.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2022, 09:05:46 AM »
Yes, someone made a brilliant job  of leading the Allezs (hope he had a megaphone or was it Brian  Blessed?)  Neils. I  don't think that we sit too far from you?  We're block B. and yes  -  the ''Announcer''  (so called)  was undecipherable.  Couldn't work out what he was saying at all.  Probably just as well.

NorthYorksWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2022, 10:09:25 AM »
Yes, someone made a brilliant job  of leading the Allezs (hope he had a megaphone or was it Brian  Blessed?)  Neils. I  don't think that we sit too far from you?  We're block B. and yes  -  the ''Announcer''  (so called)  was undecipherable.  Couldn't work out what he was saying at all.  Probably just as well.
He sits in the lower half of block 20 and, no, he doesn’t use a megaphone, just looks red in the face when he’s finished shouting himself hoarse. He’s a regular for getting the chant going.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2022, 11:21:56 AM »
He is brilliant and much appreciated.  I hope he approved of the response.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2022, 01:01:09 PM »
John Gadsden?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2022, 01:03:14 PM »
John Gadsden?

I wondered that but was told he had been ill.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2022, 01:39:05 PM »
Thought it was more an ‘allay allay allay’ but it hasn’t helped sooth my fears for the club

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2022, 02:05:40 PM »
As I have asked elsewhere  Does Vincent Koch really exist?  Has anyone ever seen him??   Can we claim back his wages????

In France looking for an employer

or maybe Covid.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2022, 02:15:44 PM »
Thought it was more an ‘allay allay allay’ but it hasn’t helped sooth my fears for the club

It is Allez, Allez, Allez - French for Go, Go, Go. It is pronouced Allay, Allay, Allay in English.

I believe that it's origins were from some of the early Wasps forays into France.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2022, 02:39:04 PM »

It is Allez, Allez, Allez - French for Go, Go, Go. It is pronouced Allay, Allay, Allay in English.

I believe that it's origins were from some of the early Wasps forays into France.

Started by the aforementioned John G

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2022, 02:56:31 PM »

I meant that the announced it as An English allay ( a’lay ) whereas we normally go for ‘alley’

And yes as Neil’s said - J G.