Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Worcester  (Read 25186 times)

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Worcester
« Reply #195 on: October 07, 2022, 09:20:45 AM »
I don't think we can say this season players will be over played more days off then a school teacher

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 07, 2022, 09:28:30 AM »
I don't think we can say this season players will be over played more days off then a school teacher

As it stands (and here's hoping there will be no more casualties), we're back to a 22 game Premiership season, which is where we were until someone decided that Sarries couldn't serve more than 1 season in the Championship, despite the pandemic preventing a meaningful season to be completed.  In any other year, both promotion  and relegation would have been scrapped, but no one had the balls to say "tough shit" to Sarries, and we were landed with the imperfect 13 team league we now have (or at least had until Worcester's demise).

So no fewer games per season than 3 years ago.

Lwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 07, 2022, 09:32:54 AM »
Teams with scheduled off weeks may well have other commitments already penned in. Players book foreign breaks etc. It won't be easy to just rewrite the season and cancel all those bye weeks.

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 07, 2022, 09:47:05 AM »
Have seen Batley is off to Bristol, Sutherland to Ulster and Giammarioli is off to Bordeaux.

The Ted Hill’s of this world would always be ok with a new job but pleased for Batley.
Now looking out for a few ex wasps like Searle, Howe and Owlett hoping they can find a new club it’s these squad guys as well as the fresh academy graduates that I fear for

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 07, 2022, 11:12:05 AM »
Worcester being expelled and relegated regardless of sale or not means that we should expect the same thing, even if we can pay off the debt.

And the fact we would be relegated would make us less attractive an acquisition for a buyer, I imagine

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 07, 2022, 11:25:20 AM »
Worcester being expelled and relegated regardless of sale or not means that we should expect the same thing, even if we can pay off the debt.

And the fact we would be relegated would make us less attractive an acquisition for a buyer, I imagine

Any buyer will not be buying for a UK rugby team unless he is stark raving bonkers. If we are relegated the new buyer will have less initial expediture putting a team together as most we have currently will go. I would expect a new buyer to push urgently for a plastic pitch to increase possible use.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 07, 2022, 11:38:21 AM »

Any buyer will not be buying for a UK rugby team unless he is stark raving bonkers. If we are relegated the new buyer will have less initial expediture putting a team together as most we have currently will go. I would expect a new buyer to push urgently for a plastic pitch to increase possible use.

Wouldn't this mean that we would lose CCFC as tenants? Surely there would be a clause in their lease precluding a plastic pitch?
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 07, 2022, 11:39:30 AM »
AIUI a plastic pitch would mean CCFC would have to move out. That would mean losing a known revenue stream for an u certain, but potentially greater, revenue stream.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 07, 2022, 11:39:36 AM »
The English Football League (EFL), like the Premier League, does not allow its member clubs to have artificial pitches, which means all matches must be played on either a 100% grass pitch or a hybrid of grass and artificial elements.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 07, 2022, 11:41:18 AM »
AIUI a plastic pitch would mean CCFC would have to move out. That would mean losing a known revenue stream for an u certain, but potentially greater, revenue stream.

I agree but they are building a stadium. Increased revenue stream for a pitch that can hold a concert one weekend and a sports fixture the next has to be in the plans.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 07, 2022, 11:41:49 AM »
The English Football League (EFL), like the Premier League, does not allow its member clubs to have artificial pitches, which means all matches must be played on either a 100% grass pitch or a hybrid of grass and artificial elements.

Who really cares  :) :) :) :)

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 07, 2022, 11:45:42 AM »
Must be a clause in agreement re type of pitch we provide- or else a big penalty payment .

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 07, 2022, 11:48:26 AM »

Currently, the situations are not the same. Wasps is still a going concern, they can pay their bills, pay their staff, pay the interest on the Bond (I assume) & tick all the boxes necessary to play a game at home. If a sale or re-finance cannot be agreed before any of those things stop, then potentially Wasps could be suspended/relegated etc even if a buyer/refinancier happens at a later date.
Its all about what can get agreed in the next week and a half. Unless I am missing something.

Trevs Big Tackle

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 07, 2022, 11:51:29 AM »
Assuming both Worcester and Wasps are bought/saved but are relegated - what happens to the Championship? They have two relegated teams when they were expecting none. And if the champion doesn't meet Premiership ground standards so can't be promoted then that's three extra teams. Do they have to relegate a team that should have finished in a safe spot?!

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 07, 2022, 11:55:53 AM »
I would imagine its too early to say TBT. Who knows how many other clubs may be in financial difficulties & may end up relegated.
IMO if Wasps do get relegated they may not survive at all.