Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Who are you really?  (Read 73404 times)

ricohchezwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Who are you really?
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2018, 09:14:56 PM »
May be a poor choice of words but I guess i just don't seem to care as much as i used to anymore.....

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2018, 08:03:00 AM »
May be a poor choice of words but I guess i just don't seem to care as much as i used to anymore.....

I tend to phase in and out of serious interest as other things take my fancy here and there. Still try and watch the games whenever though. Obviously easier to follow when we're doing well too!

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2018, 08:10:29 AM »
I've been trying to make a break away from DW and when I do I find the game far more enjoyable.

I also enjoy it more when I'm not worrying about whether they dropped ball means the players want to leave or of it means that we won't finish top X.

I try now to just watch the game for the love of watching the game.
It certainly helps me

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2018, 08:48:48 AM »
I've recently given up Facebook, and am cutting back on the time I spend on DW.  Life is much more pleasant without trawling through the angry doomsayers on DW, and not using Facebook has shown what a massive drain it has been on my time.

I really hope this place manages to avoid the negativity of DW.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2018, 10:06:24 AM »
I've recently given up Facebook, and am cutting back on the time I spend on DW.  Life is much more pleasant without trawling through the angry doomsayers on DW, and not using Facebook has shown what a massive drain it has been on my time.

I really hope this place manages to avoid the negativity of DW.

Have you noticed an uptake in new users recently from DW.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2018, 11:20:33 AM »
Definitely.  It's still noticably quieter here than there, but we'd go for ages without a new post before, now we're starting to build a proper community.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2018, 11:34:39 AM »
I suspect there might be a mass exodus next time the DW site goes down again.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2018, 03:02:31 PM »
I suspect there might be a mass exodus next time the DW site goes down again.
Shouldn't be long now...

ricohchezwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2018, 03:52:56 PM »
I save a whole lot of battery life when it is down, and well being significantly improved.... can't come soon enough

Wiltshire Wasp

• Loving Coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2018, 05:40:49 PM »
I am Robert, started watching Wasps in 2003 because my wife fancied LBND and have supported as a family ever since. They have me by the short and curlies due to the kindness and positive action of the then Community Officer Dave Larnham towards my family after a bereavement. Travel from Wiltshire for every competitive home game and have not missed one at Coventry. On Sunday games go to communion at the cathederal first. Journey time is quicker than High Wycombe due to the exceptionally good egress from car park C.

Have come over here because increasingly disappointed with the atmosphere on the DW site - if it was a pub I wouldn’t drink there.
“In a world full of Kardashians be an Audrey”.

RP

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2018, 07:39:01 AM »
I am Ritchie, started watching Wasps early 90's and finally got my wife to come along to games in 2006 and now she is hooked.  Live in Thetford and spend most weekends monitoring the A14 development at Cambridge when travelling to games home and away  :D.  Work in Norwich as a IT Manager after serving 26 years in the RAF, slowly adjusting to pace of life in civvy street.

Now have a passion for cycling after giving up running, particularly time trials so love pushing myself to the limit in training and competing. Not just pedal powered bikes, love riding my motorbike everyday in all weathers.

Never posted much on the DW site, was kind of put off so grateful this new forum has come along.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 07:53:47 AM by RP »
Ritchie, your bike cost how much? And it doesn't even come with pedals?

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2018, 04:46:56 PM »

As an adopted West Country man, I have migrated to liking real cider and like a visit to a farm to buy the real stuff!

My main exercise these days is with my lurcher, and I like touring the West on my motorcycle (Tiger 1050) when its not wet!

Nice to see another Wasps supporter who has great taste in Traditional Cider and Triumph Tiger motorcycles. 😉

A combination to be enjoyed independently! I have found that I am probably more KTM sized than Triumph and if I do upgrade I might look at a KTM if I can get a deal.

Ciderwise, can I put put for Crossman's Cider http://crossmanscider.co.uk/ and the dry and also https://www.somersetciderbrandy.com/ and http://www.perryscider.co.uk/ for the medium/dry

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2018, 10:48:37 AM »
There's a Tiger for everyone, from the Tiger 800 Low ride height to the continent crossing Explorer 1200. Anyhow it doesn't matter what bike we ride as long as we get out on one.

Thanks for the heads up on the Ciders, I'll check them out. I usually drink Thatchers Cheddar Valley or Westons Old Rosie from a 20L box.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2018, 11:02:01 AM »
There's a Tiger for everyone, from the Tiger 800 Low ride height to the continent crossing Explorer 1200. Anyhow it doesn't matter what bike we ride as long as we get out on one.

Thanks for the heads up on the Ciders, I'll check them out. I usually drink Thatchers Cheddar Valley or Westons Old Rosie from a 20L box.

Re the ciders, once you have your own container - and they will sell you one... - I think the Crossmans was under £1 a pint! The others slightly more. Worth tasting if you have the time as "dry" is quite a broad term!

Re the Tigers, I find the 1050 a nice fit and good distance, now I have a vario screen, but somehow, the KTMs I've sat on feel like I was the intended customer! Its probably a decision for next year.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2018, 04:38:18 PM »
Since I know there's some fellow work from home types, just wanted to show off my latest purchase:

Wanted a sit/stand desk. Was looking at the cheapest option, which is IKEA, hand crank design, with 30kg weight limit. Found this one, electric motor, 100kg limit, better desk size. £420, reduced to £209, reduced again by 24% with a voucher to bring it down to £160 and free delivery. That's cheaper than the Ikea one was (and a good price for a fair few normal desks!).