Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Who are you really?  (Read 73375 times)

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Who are you really?
« Reply #120 on: October 27, 2020, 01:09:55 PM »
I feel dead chuffed if I get an 'applaud' but I am old enough to be 'old-fashioned'!  Also, it takes ages for me to type anything  at all so I'm grateful for any shortcut.

Wiltshire Wasp

• Loving Coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 27, 2020, 02:28:28 PM »
This makes me feel really old-fashioned.

Never use those options.

If I don't like a comment I ignore it, or post a contradictory reply, If I think something is worth agreeing with then I post a comment to agree.

I applaud that.
“In a world full of Kardashians be an Audrey”.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 27, 2020, 03:27:16 PM »
You  are all  lovely!!!  Thank youu  ....  and it isn't even my birthday yet ...........

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 27, 2020, 06:52:41 PM »
And when would that be.. and how many years?

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 27, 2020, 09:01:50 PM »
And when would that be.. and how many years?

;D ;D ;D ;D

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 27, 2020, 09:48:27 PM »
My birthday is the same day as NellyWellyWaspy's (January) but I got there before he did - 1937.  Unfortunately, I make that 83, but at this stage in the game I reckon I've gone into red time anyway so who cares.  Still haven't learnt any commonsense tho'.  Thank you  all for all the applauds  and the smilies  -  I  am quite overwhelmed!  A very good collection and I've not done anything to earn them.  You are very kind  ... and thank you for being so long-suffering with all my clangers!!

Lord Sunderland

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 17, 2021, 11:00:23 AM »
Hi I'm David
Been going to watch Wasps with my son since the Adam Park days when I lived in High Wycombe. Now live in Aylesbury but still travel to the Ricoh to watch them ( when we are allowed of course)  and meet up with him there.  Newly retired since last October- my plans to go to more of the away games is of course currently on hold!

David

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 23, 2021, 02:09:58 PM »
Welcome David;  hope you enjoy the site.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 26, 2021, 11:11:59 PM »
My birthday is the same day as NellyWellyWaspy's (January) but I got there before he did - 1937.  Unfortunately, I make that 83, but at this stage in the game I reckon I've gone into red time anyway so who cares.  Still haven't learnt any commonsense tho'.  Thank you  all for all the applauds  and the smilies  -  I  am quite overwhelmed!  A very good collection and I've not done anything to earn them.  You are very kind  ... and thank you for being so long-suffering with all my clangers!!

I think we may have met. My mate , who was a Sale STH, was down for a  game at Adam’s Park, can’t remuer which year.  We sat next to a rather charming lady, Wasps were losing and Serge came on and she turned to us and said something along the lines of “don’t take this the wrong way, but that’s just what we need, a big ugly Frenchman coming on”.

I still smile at that memory every time I see Serge on TV. 

If it  was you, you needn’t have worried, I’m ex Army and my mate was a Matelot and neither of us offend easily.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 27, 2021, 08:26:37 PM »
I  would love to think I'd  sat next to you , but I was very fond of Serge and wouldn't have  called him  anything untoward!  So I don't think it was me  but it's nice to think it might have  been  and that it gives you a laugh.  I do  remember him dropping the ball when it seemed he had a rootin' tootin' certain try,  and then making a face like Donald Duck  - but he wasn't a Wasp  then. We  were in the middle bit of the Family Stand, in the row just in front of  the wall (where the more expensive seats were).  Great days. And happy memories too.

will311293

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 02, 2021, 09:36:01 AM »
Hi All,

Realise that although posting for a while, I've never really considered posting on this part of the forum, but having been a part of this forum and the other for a fair few years, seem logical to present myself.

My name is Will (obviously by my name and DOB username haha) and I live in and around SW London for the last 5 years since graduating Newcastle Uni in 2016 (Geography), which included by dissertation being written on the Socio-Economic Impact of Wasps moving to Coventry and linking to franchising in the USA.

Currently a Consultant (Project Management/Digital Transformation) in London and am heavily involved in a breadth of sectors incl. Financial Services, Retail, Public Sector, Manufacturing etc. Still a passionate rugby player for Rosslyn Park (IVs) and am very lucky to say i get to regularly play at Rosslyn Park's ground on most weekends and play some significant teams incl. London Welsh 2nds a few weeks ago at Old Deer Park.

I developed my fascination and love of Wasps and all Prem/Intl rugby through playing from 8 but also through getting a signed picture of Will Green when i was about 7 from my Dad and from then on never really looked back, sadly don't get to watch the lads in person but watch every game via whatever source possible and will continue to strive to see as many games as possible.

BarossaD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 30, 2022, 06:07:37 PM »
Bruce. Early 50s. Accountant/banker. Live in Cov but work London. Been following Wasps since the move up here and go to most home games, sometimes with various teenagers when I can persuade them.

Schoolboy 10 and 15 (god I hated playing FB) - not sure my flanker father (Cirencester) and Grandfather (Torquay) ever forgave me.

Been a bit of a nomad over the years so have spent time watching and supporting variously Plymouth Albion, Moseley and Cov (live near Butts Park so will go when Wasps not at home) plus a rogue season watching Illawarra Steelers (League). Luckily when I was living in North London 20+years ago I had other diversions.

The beard is usually a giveaway - do come and say hi :)

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 02, 2022, 09:40:04 AM »
Bruce. Early 50s. Accountant/banker. Live in Cov but work London. Been following Wasps since the move up here and go to most home games, sometimes with various teenagers when I can persuade them.

Schoolboy 10 and 15 (god I hated playing FB) - not sure my flanker father (Cirencester) and Grandfather (Torquay) ever forgave me.

Been a bit of a nomad over the years so have spent time watching and supporting variously Plymouth Albion, Moseley and Cov (live near Butts Park so will go when Wasps not at home) plus a rogue season watching Illawarra Steelers (League). Luckily when I was living in North London 20+years ago I had other diversions.

The beard is usually a giveaway - do come and say hi :)

Nice to see another Coventry based contributor.