Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Problem.  (Read 770 times)

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Problem.
« on: September 17, 2022, 07:36:40 PM »
I think a few have alluded to it but it’s now become reality. How many points are we going to lose through kicking inadequacy this season. For me, although Atkinson looks a good 10, the turning point today was our penalty miss (basic kick) followed by them taking one. We’re clearly not in a position to counter this by scoring endless compensating points and as such I fear that we’ve got another issue (amongst quite a few others) this season.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: Problem.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2022, 07:43:58 PM »
Missing Jimmy already?

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2022, 07:48:59 PM »
Missing Jimmy already?

Not me. But we could always send Charlie to Gopps kicking academy ;) That was a bad miss today.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2022, 07:53:13 PM »
Might have been a bad miss, but don’t agree it was a turning point. It’s not like the game hinged on an act like it did last week with the Rees-Zammit try.

Two problems for me today:

I) Forcing the offload a number of times when we could have taken contact and ended up spilling the ball, recycled quickly and continued to press

II) The dull, predictable one-out Rugby we played for the last 70 when in their 22. 

Was an easy day at the office for Bears today, they weren’t better.  Just had to wait for us to cough up the ball.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2022, 08:14:47 PM »
That’s the problem though. They were better. 8-23 better. And they’re not great. But they took their chances as we became hamstrung by desperation. We’ve focussed all close season on basic skills and were just awful at those very skills. Not a good look.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2022, 08:16:39 PM »
Sorry to say this but I feel Lee has served his apprenticeship well and now needs to move on for more  experience.  Wasps needs an already much more experienced Leader  or we will become a permanent fixture at the bottom  of the Premiership.  Step forward Mr S Edwards and save the Club.      PS:  No way is the multi-talented Alfie an 8.  Ignore Eddie and  put T Willis back where he belongs.

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2022, 08:19:39 PM »
Atkinson did an awful lot right today, however no 10 worth his salt should be kicking like he is. I am surprised that Atkinson has reached this point and kicks so poorly. But also Jacob is not the most reliable off the tee either. It’s an Achilles heel we need to fix.