Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Four who deserve a chance.  (Read 655 times)

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Four who deserve a chance.
« on: September 18, 2022, 02:57:28 PM »
Not one for hitting the panic button or having knee jerk reactions but two games in four changes I think Blackett should be considering. 1) Mehson for Kibirige. Kibirige hasn’t been the same player since he was knocked out away at Sale. Mehson is largely untried but looks exciting - and keen. 2) Carr to 7. Means moving Willis to 8 which has to happen. For the time being if Barbeary is fit for me he comes off the bench. 3) West for Hislop. Maybe going to happen anyway but  West should start. 4) Maybe most controversially Cardall for Launchbury. But worried by Joe’s form and to be honest his demeanour. I think he maybe carrying a knock and for me Cardall should have come on for him rather than McDonald yesterday. Obviously a fantastic player but I’d let him get 100% and give Cardall a run which he really deserves. Outside of this Robson should start for me.

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Four who deserve a chance.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2022, 03:26:43 PM »
Wrt to Launchbury on bench and Shields injured, who would your captain be? Probably leaning towards Tom Willis assuming he gets a start at 8.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2022, 03:32:48 PM »
Less worried about the captain but I’d be happy with any of Robson, either Willis or Odendaal.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2022, 03:53:02 PM »
I  have been a great admirer of Dobby since he first joined but have usually been disappointed when he has been captain.  Joe looked so sad, tired and disappointed at the end of the last game but he is such a superb player that he can't be  dropped, ... oh dear  - that's a hard one to work out.  Stooke, yes  when he's fit along with T Willis one day, but Brad has the  grit and toughness for the now moment.  I hope his thumb gets better super  fast. 

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2022, 04:38:35 PM »
Why was the maul so ineffective against Bristol? The lineout itself was fine with McDonald, but there seemed to be little power coming through.

Agree with playing Cardell. He has plenty of heft and must be raring to go.

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2022, 05:46:20 PM »
Agree on seeing a bit more of Mehson.

We’ve mentioned Alfie not passing to Porter early on the game for an easy run-in.  Kibirige butchered a chance later in that half after overrunning Odendaal who perfectly drew his man before making the pass, with a clear run-in, but Zach overran it and fumbled.  He was only a 1m or so ahead of where he needed to be, but it was enough not to take it clearly.