Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Where are we now?  (Read 1873 times)

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: Where are we now?
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2022, 11:19:22 AM »
Big Brexit supporter, he is now based outside the UK following brexit.
"We will make the Grenadier in Wales", now planned to be made in France.
He has moved all his affairs offshore removing hundreds of millions from the UK taxman.

At the time of Brexit I am pretty sure he was living in Switzerland. I think he now lives in Monaco. No different from any other uber rich Brit, doing so to avoid paying billions in taxes. It is what a 'progressive' tax system does, encourage those with money to leave. That's politics and not something that needs discussing on this forum.

Brexit is done. Whatever we may think of it, it is history. If we were all judged by our past decisions ... again, it is politics.

As to the Grenadier, down to money and time. There was a factory Mercedes no longer wanted (it used to make the Smart car). Paid for, built, modern, with a trained workforce. It made sense when Mercedes offered it for sale at the end of 2021. At the time, Ineos were facing a long delay in the Welsh project before vehicles could start rolling off the line, and so using Hambach brought forward the potential stock delivery dates by a year (due I think before Christmas 2022).