Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Alfie heartbreak as Wasps star's hamstring injury severity is revealed  (Read 921 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
He could struggle to play again in 2022 - and will miss England's Autumn internationals

Report from Adam Dickinson & Bobby Bridge.

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/rugby/alfie-barbeary-heartbreak-wasps-stars-25096913
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Alfie heartbreak as Wasps star's hamstring injury severity is revealed
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2022, 03:22:38 AM »
This isn’t good.
Whilst I think we needed a reshuffle in the backrow and I think we played a lot better last night (and as a unit in the backrow) without Alfie, this is a long injury for him and I wish him a speedy recovery.
Also puts a lot of pressure on Tom Willis for a while.
Hopefully the three from last night plus Morris can stay fit until Brad is back and then we have to rotate sensibly.

Curran coming through can’t seem to stay fit and the younger backrows probably aren’t quite there yet. Cardall at 6 is probably still an option at some stage as we saw with Gaskell occasionally but any more injuries in the backrow department and we could be in trouble.

Hope Frost and Hougaard are back soon as already we’re one more injury away from big trouble at 9, hooker and LH
« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 08:06:49 AM by JonnyD »

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2022, 07:53:30 AM »
This isn’t good.
Whilst I think we needed a reshuffle in the backrow and I think we played a lot better last night (and as a unit in the backrow) without Alfie, this is a long injury for him and I wish him a speedy recovery.
Also puts a lot of pressure on Tom Willis for a while.
Hopefully the three from last night plus Morris can stay fit until Brad is back and then we have to rotate sensibly.

Curran coming through can’t seem to stay fit and the younger backrows probably aren’t quite there yet. Cardall at 6 is probably still an option at some stage as we saw with Gaskell occasionally but any more injuries in the backrow department and we could be in trouble.

Hope Frost and Hougaard is back soon as already we’re one more injury away from big trouble at 9, hooker and LH

Oghre at 7 is an option too

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2022, 09:47:31 AM »
Really feel for Barbeary. Someone who clearly is bursting to be on the field not able to do so. This hamstring issue is a real problem for him - just hope it can get sorted long term.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2022, 10:18:47 AM »
An opportunity for our academy players. Should be interesting to see how they get on against Leicester on Tuesday, which is live on BT Sport.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2022, 10:22:25 AM »
There must be some medics on here will know, but this is not the first of this type of injury on the same leg for him. That cannot be a good omen. 20 weeks? I would be surprised if we don't see him till Spring next year, but he has to be so careful when he does come back this time. The poor lad will need a lot of support to get him through what will be a very dark time.

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2022, 10:10:22 AM »
It's a very serious, recurring injury for so young a player. Suggests his entire regimen needs reevaluated and rebuilding.