Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Moving to anger.  (Read 3322 times)

Boosh

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Moving to anger.
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2022, 08:48:31 PM »
I just see the taking of the p shares, assuming it happens, is short sighted, short term thinking. And simply greed.

Yes I am angry!!!!!

The long term damage caused by Saracens is now being felt by not only us but all struggling clubs. I hope, but doubt, that their management and all those who knew what was happening are ashamed of themselves.

agreed I am unsure how the league can do this. It is clearly the fault of Sarries and the football club

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2022, 08:54:35 PM »
Eh? Nobody thinks any football club or Sarries are responsible for us, although Sarries basically have zero titles in most supporter's eyes, and are a symptom of what is wrong with club rugby.

Andywasp50

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2022, 09:01:56 PM »
Eh? Nobody thinks any football club or Sarries are responsible for us, although Sarries basically have zero titles in most supporter's eyes, and are a symptom of what is wrong with club rugby.

Ignore him Westwales, he’s just a 14 year old troll sat in his bedroom with his pants around his ankles….

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2022, 09:02:16 PM »
Don’t feed the troll.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2022, 09:22:04 AM »
Did not check the name, mea culpa.

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2022, 04:33:17 PM »
It's the waiting that's killing me now.

I'm not expecting anyone to save us and have resigned myself to the inevitable, but this waiting is really starting to affect me

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2022, 04:43:09 PM »
It's the waiting that's killing me now.

I'm not expecting anyone to save us and have resigned myself to the inevitable, but this waiting is really starting to affect me

I'm of the opinion that is is all done.

The world of rugby has decided not to throw us a lifeline, and so we are finished. There might be A Wasps in the future, but it won't be this Wasps.

We should have simply ignored the rules and cheated when we had the chance and the money. That would have been ignored...
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2022, 04:43:28 PM »
Same, wasps.

In hindsight, I'm really happy I took time to get a ball signed, photos taken with players because, assuming the worst happens, I have something tangible from being a fan of this incredible club.

I have been a fan for only 5 years but its testament to the club that I fell completely in love with it.

A professional rugby world without wasps is not one I want to be a part of.

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2022, 05:00:39 PM »
I am not sure we can be in any place to judge the actions of the league. Were we jumping up and down when Orrell, Blackheath, Richmond et al fell during the advent of professionalism? Were we jumping up and down to help London Welsh when the fell away or was the consensus they simply overstretched themselves financially and did nothing? Did we proactively start shouting recently to protect Worcester and their future + P shares?

We are where we are due to our own mistakes, the league is where it is due to the whole mismanage thing of all the clubs working for themselves and the PRL to isolate itself from the rest of rugby union from the Championship downwards.

Our whole system is rotten. I am coming to the conclusion that the RFU now has to step in, take away any decision making on how the league is run not only from the clubs but also the PRL who are not fit for purpose. For the game at all levels to survive the PRL has to die and the top division recombined with the whole league structure and under the control of the RFU.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2022, 05:03:05 PM »
The RFU can't step in they don't have the funds OR the bloody knowledge. 
Let me tell you something cucumber

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2022, 05:06:13 PM »

Then if they cannot and the PRL continues the game is dead, the only question is when we pronounce a date and time.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2022, 05:51:11 PM »

Then if they cannot and the PRL continues the game is dead, the only question is when we pronounce a date and time.
This, 100%, there is no one else, unlike soccer there is not an endless string of v rich people wishing to spend, or brands such as Man U that are worth masses. It is v unequal but changes do happen and for those who like soccer but not the Prem there are healthy offerings all the way to the conference level and beyond.

Rugby may have thought it was running a parallel course, perhaps the effervescence of professionalism meant that rugby and probably many of us, thought that with the money put into now defunct teams, there would always be funding.

The other countries (Scotland, Ireland and Wales) have had their ups and downs but have come to a point where they seem to have control over the top level and are competing in an interesting comp too.

That the EA's were allowed to not open their books but suffer relegation and keep their P share is evidence of a game where no one is in position to judge the current position nor recommend a way forwards. This position (or lack of) is demonstrated by the loss of two teams this season (I'm not optimistic) and at least three more in dire straits.

Either England rugby comes together and is open about the current situation and associated risks or else the RFU and PRL are pissing in the wind. Income from internationals, sponsorship and TV is limited, and there has to be a view of how the money is organised and what individuals can do.

Easily could, be a dying game if no one is prepared to admit there are problems and look to the future.