Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Sarries again  (Read 2246 times)

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Sarries again
« on: October 20, 2022, 07:32:01 AM »
So despite having built a new stand it turns out that the EA's ground still does not meet the capacity requirements for the Premiership despite their special dispensation.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/oct/19/saracens-lacking-safety-certificate-to-admit-10000-or-more-fans-to-stadium

Seems the rules don't apply to some people.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Sarries again
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2022, 07:48:45 AM »
All this Special Consideration for one cheating club  does  make you wonder if it's ''who you know''  or ''what you know''.  Sorry to say it makes me wonder anyway. 

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2022, 08:37:10 AM »
Conversation in the corridors of power: “They can’t house 10,000”. “I know that’s why we didn’t let them get promoted”. “No, not Ealing, Sarries”. “Sarries you say, well that’s different, just let them be promoted and hopefully no one will notice the blatant bias in our decision making”.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2022, 08:48:07 AM »
Conversation in the corridors of power: “They can’t house 10,000”. “I know that’s why we didn’t let them get promoted”. “No, not Ealing, Sarries”. “Sarries you say, well that’s different, just let them be promoted and hopefully no one will notice the blatant bias in our decision making”.

;D +1
Let me tell you something cucumber

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2022, 08:49:23 AM »
 ;D

Honestly, we're edging closer to sounding like the monster-raving looney party on here at times.  Another deliberately provocative article.  Had Ealing or Doncaster won the league, they would have been afforded the same dispensation.  So there's hardly any favouritism happening here.

Development of the new stand is complete and as it's 10,001+ the route to certification is that the Club notifies the Local Authority (who can certify stadia of 10,000 and below) who in turn notifies the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport and they then certify it.

The interesting snippet is that Phil de Glanville explains the minimum capacity isn't about crowds, but about the greater degree of scrutiny stadiums come under when they're 10,001 capacity and above.  The farcical part of this though beyond the unnecessary expense it puts Clubs through is certification is then taken out of the hands of the Club/Local Authority.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2022, 08:56:17 AM »
What I find interesting is their attendance numbers. All below our last match figure - and consistently lower. Finally they get a new stand built that adds only 500 seats to take them over the specified minimum. Mind you pre-covid a friend of mine was paying over a grand for a season ticket.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2022, 09:02:56 AM »
  Had Ealing or Doncaster won the league, they would have been afforded the same dispensation.  So there's hardly any favouritism happening here.

I thought Ealing did win last year.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2022, 09:21:01 AM »
  Had Ealing or Doncaster won the league, they would have been afforded the same dispensation.  So there's hardly any favouritism happening here.

I thought Ealing did win last year.

My bad - I meant the year that Sarries came back up (and got the dispensation)

Andywasp50

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2022, 10:19:24 AM »
Regardless of this, the PRL is talking tough and taking a stringent line with clubs. It either applies the hardline rules or doesn’t and the Cheats have been up for over a year now.

It’s more evidence of a couple of clubs running the game.

BrackenandMacken

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2022, 10:36:01 AM »
They don’t meet the promotion criteria, they should be relegated and removed of their p share.

Premier rugby have made it very clear there is no wiggle room in any rules whatsoever. To quote Baxter and Massie “that would be unfair”.

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2022, 10:44:22 AM »
IMO Baxter is morphing into a Jeremy Hunt.

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2022, 10:54:50 AM »
It’s more evidence of a couple of clubs running the game.

Oh come on, it's a daft view to suggest that a Club who is increasing their Stadium beyond the already 10,001+ minimum and needs to temporarily cap attendance to do so should be relegated and stripped on their P-Shares.

Especially when the certification is out of the hands of the Club and in the hands of Central Government.

The problem is getting a collective agreement on anything amongst the PRL and Team Owners.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2022, 10:56:03 AM »
For 'morphing 'read' morphed'.

JF

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2022, 10:58:47 AM »
Hang on a minute.

If the surviving ten are going to keep afloat by bringing in more fans for fewer games, how does that work if there is insufficient capacity right now?

Rugbyintheblood

• Wasps Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2022, 11:09:02 AM »
Hang on a minute.

If the surviving ten are going to keep afloat by bringing in more fans for fewer games, how does that work if there is insufficient capacity right now?

+1

its a response I’ve seen in Industry that dates back to Ancient Rome.

Petronius Arbiter, a Roman official at the time of Nero, wrote, 'We tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing, and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion inefficiency, and demoralization.