Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Tolouse v Exeter  (Read 645 times)

Nrgee

• Season ticket since 2016-17
    • View Profile
Tolouse v Exeter
« on: April 14, 2024, 04:39:05 PM »
Must say I am enjoying Exeter getting stuffed by Tolouse. Might keep motormouth quite for a while.

Andywasp50

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Tolouse v Exeter
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2024, 05:59:50 PM »
I had a watch in the hope of seeing Jack W get one over on motormouth - didn't expect him to have such a stormer. Great result.

How Exeter finished the first half and game with 15 players on the pitch was staggering. Three head shots and an eye gouge in the first half hour that went unchecked and unpunished even after multiple slo mos - not sure who was worse, the ref or TMO, but doesn't bode well for the safety issues the game is trying to address.

Chiefs were also flying off their feet at ruck time and tackling beyond the ruck like the old days. Good to see controlled power and skill win the day in the end.

Egret

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2024, 10:35:55 PM »
Most importantly at half time it could have been 3 English clubs in the semis - not quite the doom and gloom scenario some were forecasting

wycombewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2024, 12:41:11 PM »
Re the gouging incident some Chiefs fans suggesting It's a fake video, well I spotted it in real time and was amazed at the time it wasn't checked but then the shoulder to the head of Dupont in the in goal area not deemed worthy of even a penalty by the reff. or TMO, thought the reff. was very one eyed in the first half but had no choice in the 2nd when Tolouse put the hammer down

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2024, 12:54:44 PM »
Most importantly at half time it could have been 3 English clubs in the semis - not quite the doom and gloom scenario some were forecasting

The doom and gloom is aimed at the millions of pounds the English sides are losing every year and not so much the quality of the playing squad.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2024, 02:08:56 PM »

Well thankfully not.
Let me tell you something cucumber