Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Ex Wasps signing for new clubs  (Read 138372 times)

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Ex Wasps signing for new clubs
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2022, 04:29:08 PM »
Yes, with you on the mortgage and most everything else.  We're lucky I think, aren't we.

ColonelWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2022, 05:29:29 PM »
Hi Wonky, we must have met at some stage as this is our second season sponsoring Charlie Atkinson and we sponsored Will Rowlands for 3 seasons prior to that.

At least our sponsorship has been via my business so less of a "personal" blow, but very "frustrating" nonetheless.

We have also become good friends with Charlie's parents as well and I won't put anything personal on here, but to say that Charlie was "in bits" when it all happened is an understatement.

I have followed Wasps since 1993 (when I watched Loz, Hopley and Sheasby play in the England sevens side that won the World Cup) and became a season ticket holder when they moved to Coventry (where I have lived nearly all of my life).

We have made some great friends through Wasps and had some wonderful days (and some painful ones), but I would not swap those experiences for anything other than to be still be doing it now and again in the future.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2022, 06:30:05 PM »
Reading the Times today, Stooke and Gabby out of a job, heartbreaking read.
These guys are getting employment at a fraction if their true worth.
I am sure many will be grateful for all the sponsorship in the past.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2022, 06:59:44 PM »
Hello Colonel  - splendid name!  Yes, I'm sorry that we lost Charlie as we had so much talent and great promise for this 22/23 season, but it's good news that  he has been snapped up quickly.  Life must be looking really  grim for some players, Elliot Stooke for one poor chap.  I expect we have met ..........  I had been on sticks prior to covid but now (no connection with covid) use a wheel chair,  or buggy for slopes/hills/bumps so I'm a bit noticeable. I sponsored Billy V (1 year),  Guy (5),  Tom Willis (1)  (lost out in the money stakes) and Will for 3.  I shall miss Tom very much as he always gave me a huge bear hug and a kiss on the cheek whenever we met.  ''Happy days''  At least we have those wonderful memories. I am sad that we weren't able to say goodbye to all our friends in Block B, rows N, M, L  and  K, and to wish them  happiness   from Gill, Chris, Jenny and Edward.    It is so good to know that  you can keep in touch with Charlie and his family, and maybe (just  maybe) if there is ever a Wasps Resurgent some might come back.  Wouldn't that be terrific. Can you pass on the thanks and  best wishes of 5  unknown fans and admirers  to Charlie?  Thank you all Waspies where ever you maybe ...... and safe journeys always, and C O Y W.................   

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2022, 03:52:15 PM »
Wonky - AFAIK Charlie is yet to be snapped up.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2022, 03:55:44 PM »

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2022, 04:02:06 PM »
Ooh that stings when it says he’s currently unattached…

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2022, 06:30:43 PM »
Is that because Feral is out with concussion?
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

petros

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2022, 06:45:58 PM »
indeed, he is stated to be a training player

ColonelWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2022, 07:35:41 AM »
I understand that Charlie got the call last week so not solely down to Farrell's HIA Protocols I think.
I believe that Charlie has had a number of approaches (not surprising really), but I guess he'll need to make a decision that gives him a bit of "security" (as he's only just 21) and also gives him the chance to keep in the frame for England now he's getting these opportunities.
Such a shame it probably won't be with Wasps (certainly in the short term) as I think we had the makings of a really good team given the quality of some of the younger players, a good smattering of experience and some strong Academy prospects to come through as well!

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2022, 08:22:56 AM »
CW .... I Couldn't agree more.  We had/have the makings (given lack of injuries  -  ho ho)  of a superb team.  I hope we get to see at least some of them back together again. It depends on finding a rugby-loving owner with cash to spare, but they're a bit thin on the ground unfortunately. God (presumably) knows what the future holds.

COYW15

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2022, 07:21:09 PM »
I wonder if Jacob would look at some time back in the Southern Hemisphere again, following his spell at Auckland a few years ago. Could go down there for a season and give some time to find a club in England with cap space next season. Just a thought.

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2022, 12:34:54 PM »
Brad to Perpignan being reported.

As an example of the dire situation the players find themselves in, Launch is currently being offered just 60k for the rest of the season elsewhere.

ColonelWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2022, 01:07:23 PM »
WW - I have emailed a private message re Will as Charlie has said that he'll pass on your thanks and regards.